Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Hull played well yesterday and will not be pushovers. Hopefully they dont try to break Gil's legs like they tried with Grealish, the dirty bastards.

A loss here makes the writing on the wall that much clearer.

Biggest game of the year.

Thin is Lambert's biggest game of his Villa career. Every season we seem to have a game that's labelled our "biggest of the season" - and this is it.

This is our cup final. But I cannot, for the life of me, see us winning as I'm so deflated by us at the minute. Prove me wrong boys.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

I suspect benteke was rested against Chelsea for this game.

-----guzan----

Hutton okore Clark cissokho

--Westwood Sanchez delph--

Sinclair---benteke---Gil

Cleverley will start over westwoood no doubt, but that's who id play

-----guzan----

Sinclair---benteke---Gil

I'd play that side but with vlaar instead of clark, we need all the experience we can get

-----guzan----

Sinclair---benteke---Gil

I'd play that side but with vlaar instead of clark, we need all the experience we can get

Although Clark has proven recently that he is better than Okore and also more reliable.

Vlaar and clark have played together several times over the past couple of seasons and as a pair, i just don't think they compliment each other

It's too hard to say, we've all seen games like this where we play out of our skins and win 2-1, or we'll play shit and Gabby will score two late counter attacking goals after not touching the ball for 80 minutes. But more often than not after playing well against a top team, we hope we'll play just as well in the next game against one of the 'beatable' teams and we don't turn up. We end up with about 25% possession, one tame shot on target and 3 goals behind. I know as much as the rest of you that this is a ****ing important game and I'd give anything for us to win, but as much as my heart says 2-0 us, my head says a pretty convincing loss.

• Like 1