Turkey

Tayls

Right, so, trip cancelled, I lost about £100 but I have been able to rebook to elsewhere. Finally, finally I can look forward to a holiday. Tenerife bound now.

Jokes! Hah. I think some of you are being over dramatic with the whole thing. All I had was a few concerns about safety etc etc - and now it has escalated unnecessarily. Come on guys.

Shame. Real shame.

Just taking the piss a little Tayls, this is VillaTalk after all, no harm intended :)

I know, haha, I'm doing the same. I was trying to be funny by saying you're all being over dramatic etc... Clearly it's me. Probably.

Still scared though

• Like 2

I was in turkey (alanya) a few years ago and i wont go there again, nice place but the turks are just to much especially the salesmen, "hello my friend, special prize for you my friend, come here my friend"

And they always trying to rip you off, it's not like once evry now and then it's like all the time.

I know a girl who is very good looking, she work as a model and rightly so, she and a friend booked a 10 day holiday to alanya, i tried to warn here but she didn't listen

I wont tell all the stories she told me, but she didn't leave her hotelroom for the last few days.

I think the turks are uncivilised scum and i will never ever set my foot in that country again.

(Sry about the negativity)

i went four year ago to marmaris, absolute shit hole but a lot of resorts are. what i will say though is that i love the mediterranean area and the weather is great. the beaches down the road in icmeler are way better to relax on.

Depends what you were expecting. People go there for the sun and it usually delivers. 

Edited by Xela

Probably stayed in Alanya 7-8 times over 10 years as a kid, it was our go to holiday destination.

Never saw the slightest bit of trouble in all the time i was there, some of the restaurant people and hotel people are the most friendly you will ever meet.

Walk through the markets and you will be hassled but its never over the top and certainly nothing that doesn't happen anywhere else, if you enjoy the bartering you'll be in your element.

Its honestly not a joke that you will run into more trouble in broad street on a Saturday night than you will over there.

• 4 months later...
Â