Most Prolific Scorer - Feb 2015 - May 2015

smetrov

So who is going to dig us out of the steaming piling on dung we are sliding into ? - who will net the most goals between now and the end of the season ? - in order of probability:-

Weiman  - Looks better and links up well with Gil

Gabby - Sometimes hits the goal trail when we most need it

Benteke - Right now looks the outsider 

Gil - A talented player - but not sure goal scoring is his forte....

Thoughts ?

Just a thought.

What's the lowest total a Villa highest season scorer has ever recorded?

Will investigate and get back.

During O'Leary's final season, Luke Moore and Milan Baros finished joint highest with something like 8 goals. Lowest I can think of.

Edited by Isa

It gets worse. Bruce Rioch got 6 in 1969-70, the year we went down to the old DIvision 3. I think that is the lowest ever.

Wonder if anyone will beat it this season?

Ah, I do miss Rioch's netbusters. TBF, most of them ended up in row Z of the Holte, but still... SHOOOOTT!!!
  • Like 2

"Ah, I do miss Rioch's netbusters. TBF, most of them ended up in row Z of the Holte, but still... SHOOOOTT!!!" - I seem to recall more of them ending up in the back of the net than in row Z but he was happy to hit them and "SHOOOOTT" brings back some very happy memories. ;)  

"Ah, I do miss Rioch's netbusters. TBF, most of them ended up in row Z of the Holte, but still... SHOOOOTT!!!" - I seem to recall more of them ending up in the back of the net than in row Z but he was happy to hit them and "SHOOOOTT" brings back some very happy memories. ;)  

I remember thinking the world had ended when we sold Rioch to Derby ......

I tore the derby card of David Nish up in protest....

Anyway back on topic - would like to see Andi in a striker role - composure isn't his strong point - but he keeps trying, and no matter how bad he is playing - it never seems to get to him....could be our match winner on Tuesday...

• Like 1

Anyway back on topic - would like to see Andi in a striker role - composure isn't his strong point - but he keeps trying, and no matter how bad he is playing - it never seems to get to him....could be our match winner on Tuesday...

We've never really had prolific goalscorers. Since yorke, bar angel/Benteke the leading scorer has always been pretty low.

I had a premiership annual yonks back. Our leading scorer was Saunders with 10 that year.

This seasons laughable tho.

Â