• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Positives- A goal! A lovely premier league goal. Now 3 goals in last 2 home games, which is good going for us.

Gil looked good going forward, but messed up for the chavski goal.

Lambert did the right thing dropping Benteke to give him a kick up the backside

At times we looked okay- I was not that overly impressed with Chelsea. They did enough to win but given our awful recent run they could have gone for us after the first goal and hammered us. Luckily they did not and we got a decent result from it. Namely not getting spanked and scoring a goal. Most would have taken this before the match.

Negatives- defence is now making silly mistakes- 9 let in last 3 league games.

Once they scored again no one really thought we could score 2 in a game- that would have been crazy.

2 wins in 20, 2 home wins all season and 1 goal from our entire midfield is just not good enough

Delph had a poor game and proves why he is staying with us and not moving to a top 6 club. Because he is not good enough.

How are we still 16th and not bottom with 2 wins since September and 12 goals? There is  a lot of rubbish in the division and hopefully there are 3 worse sides than us again.

Why do we continue to get bigger crowds versus Liverpool (39,578) and United (41,273) than the 2 leading teams in English football Man City (32,964) and Chelsea (35,969)?

Also why are there blokes selling pork scrathings outside the Holte now- and do they taste nice?

Next week crucial. Could beat Hull and be in the Quarter Finals by Sunday evening. Then again with Lambert  I always fear the worse.

But of a silly comment, we've known for a good 6 years agbonlohor hasn't got many goals in him, that's not the point. He offered more tonight than Benteke has in the last how many games! I rate Benteke highly and I believe he'll come back to his best but there is no point playing him when he is in such bad form. Gabby and wiemann gives us legs and work rate, that's what we need at the minute to scrape chances and goals. Proved it today, we scored first goal in 7 games without Benteke on the pitch! A striker offers more than just goals nowadays!

the goal was brilliant from Gil

their 1st goal looked like really good movement, from where i was their 2nd goal looked really poor from us

the play acting was shocking, drogba FFS, at least twice a chelsea player went down "injured" we played on, they went mad for it to be kicked out of play, won the ball off us and they didnt **** kick it out either! followed by the ref stopping the game, was infuriating 

• Like 1

I absolutely lost the plot at Witton Station after the game at a few gobby Chelsea words removed more interested in revelling in our misery than enjoying themselves. I clearly should not have given them what they wanted and bitten back, apologies to anyone who had to witness that!

We scored! Yay!

No need to apologise, 99.% of Chelsea fans are clearings in the woods

BEcause probably 10,000 of the home crowd in a Liverpool/united game are Away fans.

Was plenty of Chelsea fans today in the home end. Saw loads of those nauseating half and half scarfs in the Trinity Round Stand today. Horrible-  should only allowed for European games or for cup games like Bournemouth. I just don't think Chelsea has the glamour associated with the club when compared to United, even after a decade of buying trophies.

But of a silly comment, we've known for a good 6 years agbonlohor hasn't got many goals in him, that's not the point. He offered more tonight than Benteke has in the last how many games! I rate Benteke highly and I believe he'll come back to his best but there is no point playing him when he is in such bad form. Gabby and wiemann gives us legs and work rate, that's what we need at the minute to scrape chances and goals. Proved it today, we scored first goal in 7 games without Benteke on the pitch! A striker offers more than just goals nowadays!

Learn to pick your battles. That was as good a display as we could possibly expect against a side 7 points clear at the top of the league.

Play like that Tuesday and we will win. Problem is we probably won't, but wait till then eh.

Completely agree! And I say, start the same team!

Chelsea this , Chelsea that , I'm sick of hearing it , this aint about Chelsea so lets not get distracted by all that parochial nonsense , this great club of ours is slowly , but surely sinking , and trust me , Captain Ahab aint leaving soon , bring on the mutiny , I say .

missed MOTD but caught them talking about us, jenas said its no surprise we arent scoring we only had one up front today followed by murphy saying we have to play benteke

theres a reason i stopped watching MOTD

Dreadful I wonder how much of the match they watched. 

not so much the match but there are a huge number of journos and pundits out there who can quite happily spout stats about how we arent scoring (savage for example) but there are very few that can actually tell the viewer why, keown did it brilliantly on MOTD2 last week, from what i saw tonight they didnt even try to analyse our formation and shape and how we changed it for this game

• Like 1

much better performance but Lambert wearing his alternate reality glasses again, we are creating chances, bringing in crosses so bring on Benteke.. makes sense yeah ? well yes unless you then go and change the setup which stops those crosses coming in allowing for more quality teapot impressions from Tekkers though to be fair he did try to get about a bit more than usual...

Cleverly had probably his best showing for us today.. still poor but even a shot on target (in my definition), so the one and only time he should have been left on the pitch ... you could have guessed it, and the swap for Sincliar made no sense.. though FAR more sense than the WTF Joe Cole for Weimann.

Basically Lambert saw we were actually making a good fist of it ... can't have that, time for some pointless subs, change the way we are playing and guarantee mediocrity and inevitable loss.

If he had left well alone we may well have had a shot at a point, if any changes were required... Delph was having a shocker and Sanchez should have come on (or Cole for Delph rather than Weimann), Sanchez had a shocker last week for sure but has been one of our most promising, alongside Gil.

Picked Clark MOTM though Gill/Okore were as worthy, I don't think anyone except Delph had a bad game as such though Sinclair was ineffective if not entirely his fault. Cole is always good value but why and where need to be addressed.

Â