• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Thats Mourinho and chelsea though - they always do just enough to win.  I got the impression that even we had gone 2-1 up, Chelsea would have had enough in the tank to win 3-2.

Terry seems to have turned into Steven Gerrard - running up to the referee at every free kick, throw in, etc.

Much better from Villa today - probably the best performance since Leicester at Home - We actually worried a side...

• Like 1

A bit better, but frustrating: caught Chelsea on a bad day where they were pretty poor in final third in particular & still gave them two soft goals. Hutton's defending was criminal for the 1st; the 2nd was messy all round & it was disappointing (if unsurprising) how deflated the performance was in the last 20 mins. just don't look like a side who has any belief that they can get back. lack of winning mentality.

Gil was a big positive - superb assist. he could really be the difference for us against the weaker clubs. Clark was good & I thought Westwood had a decent game too. and at least we've got the goalscoring monkey off back before this run of fixtures against rivals.

downsides: you'd hope a dropped Benteke would come on looking fired up with a point to prove, but he was just as anonymous as previous games & kept just doing pointless one-twos rather than driving forwards. neither Sinclair or Cole made any impact either, though they only had fairly short time. Delph was good for first hour but faded and made some sloppy errors later on, perhaps still not 100% matchfit. Gabby & Weimann both worked hard, but neither seems to have any composure.

FFS.....just what did you expect from Sinclair?.....he was only on for about 12 mins....lol

more like 20 mins. all I said is he didn't make any impact and tbf, he has been brought in to be an impact player - to add pace, to provide crosses or shots. he didn't have much to work with as the whole team was flat after Ivanovic goal and Chelsea are strong defensively, so I'm not writing him off or anything.

We came out for the second half on the front foot and equalised . Then what do we do ? Throw it in reverse . It's a fekin joke , and as for some people being happy with us scoring makes lt even more sickening , trust me , you don't get points for that .

If this manager does'nt go we are doomed .

So you weren't happy that we scored?

That's a different approach, I suppose.

• Like 1

I was surprised that Gabby was taken off when he was. He was having his best game in a long time, and I'd rather have seen Benteke off for Weimann and Gabby moved to the wing (well, I'd rather Benteke had stayed on the bench for the whole game, but if that's the incoming player, then I would have kept Gabby's pace and endeavour on the pitch for a while longer).

Why does he persist with Cleverley? That said Ivanovic ate Sinclair for lunch. Brutal defending on the first goal. Shouldve got a point but for that lack of concentration. Benteke looks shattered, not looking good.

Westwood, Gil and two CBs were good today.

Cleverley gave the ball away about 6 times in the first ten minutes. Delph was little better.

Gabby at least stretched their defence.

Was happy with the resolve and fight shown. It was a far more disciplined performance than last week.

• Like 1

I absolutely lost the plot at Witton Station after the game at a few gobby Chelsea words removed more interested in revelling in our misery than enjoying themselves. I clearly should not have given them what they wanted and bitten back, apologies to anyone who had to witness that!

We scored! Yay!

• Like 3

We did quite well I thought, dropping Benteke proved to be a good idea - Gabby looked livelier than in recent games, Weimann's effort was a help to the cause and Gil continued to look bright - it's probably worth noting that none of those three really looked like scoring though.

Delph and Westwood held their own against one of the best drilled midfields in world football - contract Cleverley worked hard and tried to fit in too.

Back four looked pretty solid and I thought Cissokho had a better game - Clark was excellent and Okore can be forgiven anything in the game for having scored one of them goal things that the other teams do.

Overall I didn't think we did badly - I'd leave Benteke on the bench for the Hull game as he didn't show any greater urgency when he came on, I'd leave Sinclair there too and I'd write a very strongly worded letter to Manchester United asking if we could not start Cleverley in a game please, pretty please sir.

Chelsea's cynicism is an embarrassment to all of football - demonstrated most ably I think by the incident a few minutes from time when on the half way line one of their players put the ball out of play so that one of their players could have treatment for an injury. Captain Terry looked up and realised that nobody had suffered an injury yet, so immediately went down, Azpilecueta clearly hadn't spotted him, so he went down too, near to the touchline. Hutton clearly felt this was an imposition and attempted to take the throw in quickly in order to demonstrate the dubious nature of the injuries. The ref was never going to let him do that and stopped play. He was then harangued for not booking Hutton for his cheek by John Terry who had risen Lazarus-style and sprinted 30 yards to ensure his voice was heard. It all seemed to be too much for Obi Mikkel who appeared to faint and went down requiring treatment. They were shocking today, truly embarrassing and I think it's days like this where the FA should be looking at issuing fines for failing to control players - something needs to be done about it for the sake of the game. Personally I'd like to see us take rugby's lead and let the game go on whilst players are treated, stopping the need for a break in play. In the meantime, I think you'll join me in offering a prayer for those eight or nine Chelsea players that were seriously injured in the final few minutes - we can only hope they will go on to play again.

John Terry on the other hand, I'll be happy to never see put on a pair of boots again in his life, this vile excuse for humanity is a disgrace to his profession and I'd imagine even a pair of criminals like his parents can't help but feel a little bit ashamed when they watch him play. I think it's fair to warn them in advance that I intend to retaliate to his winding up of the Holte End after the final whistle by attending his funeral dressed as a clown and honking my comedy horn throughout the service for my own amusement. I don't like him and I don't know anyone that does.

So, there you have it, we've lost to Chelsea and I'm angry - as a gauge of our performance I think that's as good an indicator as any that we did pretty well. 

stolen the john terry part for facebook :)

John Terry on the other hand, I'll be happy to never see put on a pair of boots again in his life, this vile excuse for humanity is a disgrace to his profession and I'd imagine even a pair of criminals like his parents can't help but feel a little bit ashamed when they watch him play. I think it's fair to warn them in advance that I intend to retaliate to his winding up of the Holte End after the final whistle by attending his funeral dressed as a clown and honking my comedy horn throughout the service for my own amusement. I don't like him and I don't know anyone that does.

Extremely bad taste. Love it. Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

Chelsea's cynicism is an embarrassment to all of football - demonstrated most ably I think by the incident a few minutes from time when on the half way line one of their players put the ball out of play so that one of their players could have treatment for an injury. Captain Terry looked up and realised that nobody had suffered an injury yet, so immediately went down, Azpilecueta clearly hadn't spotted him, so he went down too, near to the touchline. Hutton clearly felt this was an imposition and attempted to take the throw in quickly in order to demonstrate the dubious nature of the injuries. The ref was never going to let him do that and stopped play. He was then harangued for not booking Hutton for his cheek by John Terry who had risen Lazarus-style and sprinted 30 yards to ensure his voice was heard. It all seemed to be too much for Obi Mikkel who appeared to faint and went down requiring treatment. 

:crylaugh:

I absolutely lost the plot at Witton Station after the game at a few gobby Chelsea words removed more interested in revelling in our misery than enjoying themselves. I clearly should not have given them what they wanted and bitten back, apologies to anyone who had to witness that!

We scored! Yay!

Did you mow them down?!

I was right about the starting 11. I hope we continue to drop Benteke for next game, until he earns his place back!

Yeah , cuz Gabby has got goals galore in hls locker . Jesus we're a bloody joke , only I'm not laffing .

I firmly believe after todays result , that if Lambert does'nt go we will be ynw .

Well Jose likes us. Easy to be magnanimous in victory though.

"I like Aston Villa's team. They have very good players. It is difficult to believe Villa are where they are. I wanted to analyse them not because of the points they have, or the goals they don't score, but by the quality of the players. It was a very difficult game, the stadium is a difficult place to go. The referee was very, very good. Very, very good in the way he controlled the emotions of the game.

"Sooner or later Villa had to score and they did it today. They have so many good players, with runners in attack. They put Benteke on in the second half, they had Cole, Sinclair and Gil behind the striker, three very creative players. It makes it very difficult to play against them, so this is a very important victory for us.

He wants us to beat Man City

Well we won't be doing that

No. he doesn't like Lambert.

He said we have one of the best squads in the country.

Complimenting our squad indirectly insults Lambert. He's **** with him.

Â