• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Decent effort and it took the top side in the league to beat us. We've raised the bar now and need to make sure we don't slip back because that level of performance will win us points !

• Like 2

We didn't get hammered, and showed some signs of decent football. Only losing by 1 goal might give us some confidence going into the next few 'easy' fixtures. Hopefully Burnley get nothing tomorrow and we stay slightly clear of the relegation zone buffered by Hull.

There were classic times of awful, yet comical Villa footballing skill which was obviously highlighted with the Chelsea goal, but that's so par for the course that it's hardly worth mentioning.

Could have been worse, need a win next weekend in the FA Cup against Leicester to feel good going into the next set of fixtures.

depressingly stupid second goal to concede, but played much better after the arsenal game. Annoyed to lose, but as expectations go, we did fairly well. Now need to take points from Hull - who've played very well at Man City today.

I think Gil and Sinclair will make the difference eventually

We need Vlaar back to cut out the defensive clangers

Cleverly was better today

Benteke and Gabby can just do one though

What did he do well? Constant sideways passing, putting team mates in the shit and losing possession. Cannot play an assist, cannot tackle. He really is a poor player at this level. 

The best result we could have hoped for from the league leaders was to score. We did it. It wasn't a Chelsea field day. Come on Hull.

Edited by Sam3773

Decent performance.

Shambolic defending for the two goals.

The fact that we're still motivated and playing for the manager gives me some hope for the next few fixtures.

Gil is wonderful. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Looked threatening in bursts, but forwards aren't getting the job done, Cleverly and Westwood together is pointless, Delph was pretty good until the last 30 minutes then dropped off badly and we never should've given up the goals that we did. Gil looked outstanding again, Okore and Clark were decent, Sinclair looked direct but clearly needed to play a little smarter against Ivanovic, but at least he was going for it. Benteke just isn't up for the fight.

one thing i don`t like about our football btw... i don`t mind the sideways,backward whatever to keep possesion, but the ball has to have more zip in it or it gives other team time to close the space... thats all i ask for  MORE ZIP in the pass

Edited by walesavfc
  • Like 4

No complaints whatsoever, we were beaten by a better side but we showed great spirit and committment. A much much better performance than at Arsenal. Gil continues to impress, Westwood was good in the center of the park and Clark good at the back. 

Â