Rank your favourite national cuisines

Wainy316

Good question. Despite my stomach not being able to hold anything other than bland food at the minute, my favourites are:

Mexican - this would always be my choice if going out for a bite to eat

English - so much choice - steak and ale pie and chips, fish n chips, chicken roast dinner, etc

USA - must admit, i'm a fan of the TGI/Hard Rock type diners. Big burgers, wings, etc

Italian

Thai - best Thai meal ever eaten was from a small wooden shed type bar on a beach in a quieter part of Samui. Very fresh (think the chicken was killed while i waited!). Best green curry ever.

Surprised Indian hasn't made the top 5...

I don't eat foreign muck. I like traditional British food, like a good Balti.

Pedantically a Balti is British.  It was invented in Sparkbrook! :detect:

That's why I'm voting UKIPs

Probably this order

1. Italian - the best meals I've ever had, and my favourites are all Italian.

2. Indian - a really good curry also hits the enjoyment spot

3. Everything else. It's mostly the ingredients rather than the style they're cooked in.

I don't think I can rank exactly.  Indian is top of the list, married into an Indian family so I've had my fair share.   I like Italian and Mexican too, everything else I'm pretty much open minded about though I don't care much for Chinese/Cantonese. 

It is pretty hard to pick, as I'm not sure of the nationality of some of the dishes I enjoy (what would you class steak and chips as, for instance?). Also there are some cuisines that I generally don't like, but enjoy certain dishes. 

1. Italian (by a country mile)

2. English

3. Indian*

4. Chinese*

5. American

* - I'm talking about the Indian and Chinese stuff you get here, which as far as I know is quite different to the stuff that you actually get in those places.

I've never got the hype over French food.

Edited by Mantis

Â