Improving the Villa Park 'experience'?

jackbauer24

A few ideas....

-giant goals that are swappable with standard ones at half time that are so big that even tonev could score in them.

- drainage on each row of the stadium to recycle all the tears from depressed fans and spit from angry ones.

- someone to hide in the away dressing room and steal the players boots just before kick off

- ejector seats to eject myself from the stadium quickly when You just can't take anymore.

On a serious note, they could do with some sort of Perspex screen or something on the side of the holte end because if you on the end which I sometimes am you get hit by cold breezes and rain.

When the guy calling to try and persuade you back as a business customer accidentally refers to them Liverpool...this club is ****.

He did correct himself very quickly in all fairness, but dear oh dear.

I think concentrating solely on the football side of things is, as Tom Fox might say, a false narrative.

There are so many other activities that the Villa Park experience could encompass; watercolour painting with Kieran Richardson (imagine for a moment row upon row of easels erected in the Holte End) or a gardening workshop with Jack Grealish (we could use the penalty areas as allotments - we have no other need for them). 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the NBA so love the extra bits they include around the game.  I'm not saying to do that as football is very different, in a different environment and a different expectation.  Additionally the cost would probably have no financial benefit to Aston Villa and could come as quite an expense and given our finances would not be a good idea.  I do think the non-game entertainment is incredibly antiquated and needs revisiting.  TV's planted around the stadium showing basic information, once in a while presentations on the pitch and that's pretty much it.  I think improving the football is the key thing and would attract more people but I think improving the experience on non-football matters would also attract more people to the stadiums.  I would also like our ex-players involved in that somehow to bring back that we are a family club which include the players (I know players of today arent like that) but the players of a generation ago and more.

Who knows, focus on the football improvement obviously but I would like to see much more

• 2 weeks later...

Currently at VMF for the third time. I genuinely think that, all things considered, this is the best restaurant I have ever been to. Location, food quality, price... I can't think of anywhere better in this country.

Now, this experience isn't available on matchdays as far as I know. But if it was, well, that could be something amazing. Although it is very limited in terms of space...

• 1 year later...

Anyone else think that the bar is ridiculous at half time in upper Holte. 

Yesterday there were 13 people behind the bar, with only about 5 actually serving.

Why don't they have pints already (like at festivals) pulled ready to hand over, rather than pulling each pint individually 

• Like 2

Â