• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

True. Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play brilliantly and then the players are going out on the pitch and ignoring him and playing how they want rather than following their manager's instructions.
Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play badly and then the players are going out on the pitch and doing exactly what they're told - pass the ball to the opposition, trip over the ball and lose your marker.

Lambert is the person who decided to play a high line against a fast-breaking team. Lambert is the person who has dictated a high-possession style which concentrates on ball retention to the detriment of attacking play, pulling players out of position to ensure an easy pass and leaving huge gaps that are easily exploited by the opposition. If the players are playing badly it is Lambert's job to get them playing the way he wants them to. It is his job to dictate shape and formation, to give the players instructions on movement and to inspire them when they are feeling down.

So go on, tell me again how today's performance is entirely down to the players and Lambert bears no responsibility at all.

Ah, so football is like FIFA15, Lambert sat on the bench with his controller. Only normally he plays Pro Evo and he hasn't switched square and circle - and cheeky Arsene has put manual passing on.

• Like 1

Sorry its Lambert, payed the wrong tactics, again waited until its too late to make a sub, then took off weimann when he should have took off Richardson or Sanchez who were both having a shocker.

Why did Sinclair not start? he was hardly going to be worse than Cleverly was he ?

• Like 2

Nice to see the players and Lambert running to the tunnel without clapping the fans at the end who was singing even at 3,4 then 5-0 down!! £55 or so a ticket and that's how the support gets treated!!

Lambert had easy ride today with no "Lambert Out" chants aimed at him

My ticket was £36 (and the coach ticket was £23), but I get your point.
  • Like 2

Extremely poor made worse by an unbelievable team selection....Richardson and Cleverley in particular.

Sanchez was absolutely awful today! The team that finished would be the team I would have started with except Cissokho for Richardson. Gil had another decent game.

Not bothered about breaking records....they all get broken eventually. More concerned about the gutless performance. If ever a player wanted out then its Benteke showing a total lack of interest IMO.

The game was tailor made for Sinclair and Gabby to start as there is little pace in the Arsenal back 4. Cissokho is a far better defender than Richardson and should have therefore started. We needed to keep it tight for 20 mins and then we would have stood a better chance!

• Like 4

• Player reaction

Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa

Posted at

15:32

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, speaking to Sky Sports: "The first half was cautious. Aston Villa came at us with a game plan and pressured us, so at the break 1-0 was just deserved. But in the second half, I can't think of a more one-sided game. At the end Ashley Westwood had a shot and I think all the Villa fans were cheering. It's a great victory. The crowd here is buzzing. When a team is at the top of their game then everything happens for them."

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

• Player reaction

Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa

Posted at

15:32

Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, speaking to Sky Sports: "The first half was cautious. Aston Villa came at us with a game plan and pressured us, so at the break 1-0 was just deserved. But in the second half, I can't think of a more one-sided game. At the end Ashley Westwood had a shot and I think all the Villa fans were cheering. It's a great victory. The crowd here is buzzing. When a team is at the top of their game then everything happens for them."

Somebody should knock him square on the nose with a sledgehammer

True. Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play brilliantly and then the players are going out on the pitch and ignoring him and playing how they want rather than following their manager's instructions.
Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play badly and then the players are going out on the pitch and doing exactly what they're told - pass the ball to the opposition, trip over the ball and lose your marker.

Lambert is the person who decided to play a high line against a fast-breaking team. Lambert is the person who has dictated a high-possession style which concentrates on ball retention to the detriment of attacking play, pulling players out of position to ensure an easy pass and leaving huge gaps that are easily exploited by the opposition. If the players are playing badly it is Lambert's job to get them playing the way he wants them to. It is his job to dictate shape and formation, to give the players instructions on movement and to inspire them when they are feeling down.

So go on, tell me again how today's performance is entirely down to the players and Lambert bears no responsibility at all.

Ah, so football is like FIFA15, Lambert sat on the bench with his controller. Only normally he plays Pro Evo and he hasn't switched square and circle - and cheeky Arsene has put manual passing on.

Also our Keeper was set on "Amateur".

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Yes, Arsenal were excellent and are a very good side at the moment. Yes, I wasn't expecting a result here and that has more to do with the tedious non-competitive nature of modern football than the many faults of our club.

However, this isn't good enough. We are so easy to play against, both for attackers and certainly for defenders. We have a decent squad, for which Lambert deserves a LOT of credit, but they look lost and uninspired.

We are completely stuck in a terrible rut. There have been glimpses of hope in the last week or so but there were no signs of that today. I like Paul Lambert a lot. He has the right intentions, the right ambitions and I respect him for what he's trying to achieve. I would hate for this mess to be his lasting legacy and the lasting impression of him among the fans. Overall, I think he deserves praise for what he has tried to achieve in very challenging circumstances. I despair when I see fans calling him names, saying he's our worst manager ever or even comparing him to McLeish. He deserves better.

That being said, it is perhaps better if we had a change now. I am not yet too afraid we'll go down anyway and I think Lambert could turn it around in the long term. For the sake of the atmosphere around the club and everyone's short term sanity, though, something has to change NOW.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 2

Â