Dying Light

Czechlad

Was watching some gameplay videos of this, yeah... I think I'll miss out I'm too much of a wuss.

It gets so much easier. I was scared to play at first. I was sneaking around everywhere and whenever night came, I ran immediately to a safe house, but you get used to it. Even at night now I just sprint everywhere. I rarely even fight the zombies unless I am exploring. The game is a lot of fun. I really recommend. 

The ending was so unsatisfying. 

Have to agree. I really thought they could have done better. I hate it when games don't really let you interact and make it as simple as push this button then this one. The lead up to the end was wild and I loved that. You had to decide whether or not to just run it, stealth it, or kill everything in sight. That was great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im 19hrs gameplay in and only 32% story completed and really enjoying it now.

Have a one hit kill weapon which sets each zombie on fire and have decent skills as i am at level 11 for them all.

Also have lots of guns, carry around 35 medi kits and 25 molotovs so have a decent kit bag!

• 6 years later...

Review I've watched suggests there are several broken promises from what the publishers promoted such as decision making impacting on the story dramatically,  and this would also determine which areas of the world opens up.  

Think I'll give this a miss for now.  Several games of interest coming in the next month or two.

• Like 1

Loved the first one but I’ve learnt my lesson with getting the first version. Wait at least 2-3 years for the ‘Complete’, ‘Definitive’ or ‘GotY’ version with all the dlc content included and all the patches/bugs ironed out. 

Picked up DL2.

Put a few hours into it and it's very good so far.

They've (thankfully) made some excellent improvements to the parkour element and it's smooth as butter now and very satisfying.

Â