February Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge 2014/5  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Optimistic
    • Slightly Optimistic
    • Average
    • Slightly Pessimistic
    • Pessimistic

With a semi-competent looking cup run going on, I predict pain at home to Leicester sadly.

February started with a whipping from the Gunners, likely to be followed by another one at home to Chelski (those words removed removed words removed)... Really cannot see us turning it round this time... We fluffed our lines with all those winnable games against Sunderland, Palace and Leicester.

Fooked.

Someone thinks we are top 4 finishers?????

If you click 'view' you will find out who it is. No great surprises though.  :D

I already did ;)

Now CED is trolling as well, hahahaha :)

The Arsenal game destroyed what little optimism I had left. We look like a team resigned to getting relegated. We have a manager who looks like he's lost the plot completely. We have an owner and CEO who don't seem to comprehend the severity of the situation. We apparently had 5m to spend, but weren't able to bring in another striker or anyone else. Next match against the league leaders, and then a string of games against our relegation rivals who we will struggle to get points from because we can't score goals. As grim as I've ever seen it in my 20 years following this club.

Have no idea how things are going to turn out. We're in a rough spot at the moment, which probably won't change this weekend, but I have a gnawing  feeling we're going to have one more decentish spell before the seasons out and how well we do then will determine our fate. Really shouldn't be in this much trouble right now but yet here we are. 

Total bummer that we're probably going to finish our lowest under Lambert with our, arguably, best squad yet. Just really hope we don't get done for. Can we please survive this debacle and finally see some well-awaited table climbing? Right now it's definitely table-spelunking.

Â