• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The lad Gil has come in and proved to me......we have an attitude problem at B6

The only one I see who may have an attitude problem is Benteke. I think it's much more of a confidence problem.

Playing so many games with an understrength side has affected our confidence, but with Gil coming in they are maybe starting to realise how close we are to being a good team.

Wow. 2 goals to enjoy and the first was a snorter. First half was decidedly iffy, but big improvement second. Gil MOTM but a shout out for Okore and Clark are needed. If they keep this up I won't be too fussed if Vlaar leaves us. Delph staying (for now) is some good news as well.

I know we only beat Bournemouth reserves by 1 goal, but today could be a real season turner for us. We might start to attack sides with purpose and climb up the table. A favorable draw tomorrow could mean we are also only 90 mins from a Quarter Final as well. Dare I say there is some light at the end of our annual rubbish Christmas tunnel?

Wow. 2 goals to enjoy and the first was a snorter. First half was decidedly iffy, but big improvement second. Gil MOTM but a shout out for Okore and Clark are needed. If they keep this up I won't be too fussed if Vlaar leaves us. Delph staying (for now) is some good news as well.

I know we only beat Bournemouth reserves by 1 goal, but today could be a real season turner for us. We might start to attack sides with purpose and climb up the table. A favorable draw tomorrow could mean we are also only 90 mins from a Quarter Final as well. Dare I say there is some light at the end of our annual rubbish Christmas tunnel?

How many reserves did they have in the team?

Impressed with Gil, Weimann should play upfront or not at all, Okore is our best CB imo. 

Benteke, what has happened? Can only hope he cba because it was Bournemouth and will improve in the league. Was Richardson really as bad as people were saying? Was at the game and thought of it as a 6/10 sort of performance.

How many reserves did they have in the team?

8 changes from their last league game.

I didn't see the game so overall i can't comment.

but let me say this .....A new kid comes in and scores, 22 inexperienced to a degree,and in a new league.

We have Benteke, Agbonlahor who need shaking by the throat.....oh they want their 50K per week wages but can't deliver, when we need them to.

Every time you pick up the papers Benteke is leaving, but who will want a player that can't score?..... Players like Suarez that disappoint when they leave, at least do it.

I don't give a shiny shite what Benteke thinks but, we have paid his wages in times like this.....He needs to dust himself down and start producing what the rest of the football world thinks he is capable of instead of wallowing in self pity.

I have seen Benteke play and there are some arguments about service, but equally there are some arguments about getting off your arse finding some space and hurting the opposition....He has lost his sense of movement.....that is not the fault of a provider....do your job and moan at them after....at the moment you are not even doing your job.

The lad Gil has come in and proved to me......we have an attitude problem at B6

I'm not sure how legal this is, but we might be able to write it into his next contract; for every 5 seconds Aston Villa have possession of the ball and Benteke is not actively looking for space to receive the ball or create space for other players to use, he will be docked £1,000 off his weekly wage.

That'll either get his arse into gear or make us a healthy profit. Could pay a few players wages every week.

A nice one just for the fans, every time Benteke throws his arms up in disbelief or frustration at anything, the Tango man will issue him one slap in the next break in play.

A good result and a potential banana skin avoided. It does nothing to increase my faith on Lambert as a manager. Sadly I think we have to stick with him however inept he continues to be as I see no obvious and gettable replacement and we are running out of games. Let's just hope Randy's £65m gamble comes off.

I don't buy the usual vitriol from some posters about their pet hate players. We have to have a squad and we should rotate players as needed and if possible. Did we miss Gabby today? Almost certainly not and on that basis he should not be an automatic  selection. Added to that has the manager finally realised Cleverley and Westwood is an either / or and not both? The fact that Cleverley had a half decent game must have stuck in the throat for some too.

We also have a few players woefully out of form, the most obvious being Benteke. The manager should have the balls to bench him to make him work for his place. The trouble with that is who do you replace him with as the same applies to Gabby? I'd push all out for getting a striker in this window just to give us another option. I think we will get Sinclair on deadline day as Citeh and his agents will get desperate but even so we need a player who can score a few goals.

As I said a good result but let's not paper over the cracks here.

• Like 1

Not great in the first half but we were good in the second half and comfortable all game up until that very late goal. Gil looks class and Clark and Okore once again looked great. Given was good when called upon but he still makes me a bit jittery.

Surely we are only 90 mins from the QF regardless of the draw? Just saying ;-)

In statistical terms I can break the game down as follows. (I live in Bournemouth and have a number of Bournemouth supporting friends)

In the first half I had 21 texts with varying degrees of chirpiness.

In the second hald I had 1 text conceding defeat after our second goal.

About sums the game up for me.

Edited by villaglint

I thought the one where he "let the ball go round him" if it's the one I'm thinking about (someone cleared the resulting shot off the line) was good keeping.

He came out quickly and forced the player wide meaning his shot was easily cleared.

But I only saw the highlights. I just have a feeling people are overly harsh on Given.

• Like 1

Watched this from the Holte, first half was disappointing but we were much better in the second, I'm not sure if that was down to us changing tactics or if it was down to Bournemouth going forward in numbers and us catching them on the break.

Okore was fantastic, if Vlaar goes and he starts then i don't think we'll suffer too much, his tackles were pretty much perfect.

Weimann was impressive too, he never ever stops running.

Benteke seems to lose interest quite quickly a lot of the time, I'm not certain why this is though.

Gil was brilliant, although i think he should run at players a lot more like he did last week against Liverpool.

Â