• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Grealish....great sub...not on long enough to boil an egg....cue the tweets!

TBF he only came on as Bacuna had cramp.

It was a sub any manager would have made - effectively playing with 10 men - even for 30 secs could have cost us. Rightly Lambert didn't take that chance.

It was a sub any manager would have made - effectively playing with 10 men - even for 30 secs could have cost us. Rightly Lambert didn't take that chance.

I was joking mate!!....hence the reference to boiled eggs!

Given      -        8  (made a top save in the first half which kept us level and his distribution was good)

Hutton     -        8  ( got up and down well and great assisst)

Okore     -        7  ( solid)

Clark        -       7   ( solid)

Richardson  -   4  ( really poor in attack and defence)

Sanchez     -     7  ( the best of our midfielders today)

Cleverley     -    6  ( his best performance for us but still turns back too much and slows things down)

Bacuna       -     5  ( couple of nice passes but he lacks quality and takes too long on the ball)

Gil               -     9  ( absolute worldy of a goal and he was involved all over the pitch)

Weimann     -     9  ( his movement was quality and he looked dangerous all game)  

Benteke      -      6  ( like a shadow of his former self, looks uninterested)

Lambert     -   6  ( got a good 2nd half performance out of the team)

The second half was more like it.. I thought Weimann was brilliant today, his movement was class and he took his goal superbly. Gil was immense also and his goal was the best I've seen us score for a long long time. 

Weimann MOTM (by a hair from Gil)

Weimann showing us what he can do when played up front.

He is a decent instinctive finisher. Give him tIme to think and he struggles.

Pleased to get a win and a couple of goals. Hopefully this will give us some confidence going into a couple of tough games.

Gil definately gives us something different and he's won our goal of the season today. No way anyone is going to better that.

• Like 1

Weimann showing us what he can do when played up front.

He is a decent instinctive finisher. Give him tIme to think and he struggles.

Pleased to get a win and a couple of goals. Hopefully this will give us some confidence going into a couple of tough games.

Gil definately gives us something different and he's won our goal of the season today. No way anyone is going to better that.

Goal of the season?...its that long ago that I cant remember any of the others!! :)

• Like 1

Flat first half, better second half - there were some good individual performances today - Gil looks superb and his goal was a peach, Okore had a good game and Sanchez played well despite the odd mistake. I think there's some promise in the squad and I look forward to seeing the effect Gil has on our forwards as they get used to the idea that if they make runs someone will find them. Clark and Hutton were decent enough, Cleverley didn't do anything wrong, but I think he's going backwards and Delph's news is fantastic. A good day to be a Villa fan.

• Like 4

I voted Weimann as MOTM due to his tireless running and an instinctive finish to score at the end of a cracking team goal.

He and Gil look to be forming a neat relationship already - both willing to run for the other and drag defenders out of position.

Today's second half was very good!

• Like 1

Was at the game and was very pleased with performance and result. Gil goal was superb at one point it looked like a cross but watching it on replay he meant it. Thought okore was brilliant at the back too. Overall a decent game which makes me optimistic going forward.

I was joking mate!!....hence the reference to boiled eggs!

Woosh !!!

On that showing, Tekkers is a big, big problem for us. He looks like he can't be bothered, he makes very few runs and is giving the midfield nothing to pass to.

Very poor showing - Lambert should go with Gabby/Andi up front and go for pace and movement for Gil to support.

• Like 1

Weimann looking good in his natural position. Gil brilliant, what a goal!!!! Westwood should've killed it off at the end but we're in the quarter final! We have a really good chance of getting to that final!

Really! Do we have a bye in the 5th round then?
My bad! Haha got a little too carried away!

I thought the performance was fine. We looked comfortable and confident as the game wore on, after an admittedly poor first half performance from both sides.

AFC were big, strong, quick and are clearly well drilled and if that isn't even their first XI they'll do very well when they come up. They look every bit a premier league side already...

..Which played into our hands; on the break we were much better than we have been. We need to stick with that style, forget the tiky taka tippy bollocks, it just doesn't suit the players we have.

What a goal too eh.

Okore MOTM. Thought he was astonishing. He and Clark are some pairing, may they never get injured or suspended again.

• Like 2

I didn't see the game so overall i can't comment.

but let me say this .....A new kid comes in and scores, 22 inexperienced to a degree,and in a new league.

We have Benteke, Agbonlahor who need shaking by the throat.....oh they want their 50K per week wages but can't deliver, when we need them to.

Every time you pick up the papers Benteke is leaving, but who will want a player that can't score?..... Players like Suarez that disappoint when they leave, at least do it.

I don't give a shiny shite what Benteke thinks but, we have paid his wages in times like this.....He needs to dust himself down and start producing what the rest of the football world thinks he is capable of instead of wallowing in self pity.

I have seen Benteke play and there are some arguments about service, but equally there are some arguments about getting off your arse finding some space and hurting the opposition....He has lost his sense of movement.....that is not the fault of a provider....do your job and moan at them after....at the moment you are not even doing your job.

The lad Gil has come in and proved to me......we have an attitude problem at B6

Â