• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

just glad for the win.hopefully we get confidence from this,with gil playing we should win games.confident of us staying up now.with delph in the team i think our midfield looks really good.him sanchez and a n other,play gil as a free/no 10.

Weimann looking good in his natural position. Gil brilliant, what a goal!!!! Westwood should've killed it off at the end but we're in the quarter final! We have a really good chance of getting to that final!

Really! Do we have a bye in the 5th round then?

• Like 1

Given: 7 - Strong performance by Shay
Okore: 8 - Solid as a rock

Clark: 8 - Solid as a shamrock

Hutton: 7 - Brilliant run and assist for the second goal and was pretty good all round

Richardson: 5 - Meh

Bacuna: 5 - Didn't really step up to the plate

Sanchez: 6 - Not quite at his best
Cleverly: 6 - Was pretty good in the second half

Gil: 9 - Some of his passes forward were as outstanding as his goal

Weimann: 7 - Should have scored in the first half but did the job in the second
Benteke: 4 - Dreadful

Subs: Westwood and Grealish -  too late to rate

Edited by VillanousOne

Poor in the first half, better in the second. Comfortable win in the end, although we shouldn't have let that goal in.

World class goal by Gil, what a player he's gonna be for us. Okore was fantastic and Clark continued his good form.

I thought Bacuna was poor but he did well in the second goal, which was also excellent.

The main worry is the body language and performance from Benteke. Looks completely bereft of confidence, miles away from the player he was.

Gil is fearless, I love it. We may have struck gold here. 

Crap team performance in the first half, second half turned on it's head by Gil's brilliance. Then a great team goal and a fine finish from Andi. 

Soft goal to give up at the end but I doubt Lambert will have much to say about it.

Benteke is becoming a small concern, because it looks like he can't be bothered at times.

Bacuna had his chance to prove the doubters wrong and he blew it. Not a smart player. 

Now for Arsenal and Chelsea  :o

What I saw of the first half was rotten, with the usual toothless, spiritless performance. Second half was much improved, with great work by Gil for his goal and a fine finish from Andi. Sloppy defending at the end there.

I hope this is the beginning of the turnaround, but despite the quality of the second half, the lacklustre first still leaves me worried. Richardson's crossing made me pine for Cissokho, Cleverly worked hard but was largely anonymous, and Benteke's lazy and petulant nature is really starting to piss me off.

I still don't think Lambert is the man to take Villa forward, but for now I'll bask in the result and leave my worries for the club to one side. for about, ooh, five minutes.

Thing about Bournemouth is they are full of confidence and played that way which was a dangerous prospect for us.

Given was solid and commanding.

Hutton very good and positive going forward.

Clark and Okorevery commanding

Cleverley was decent, for all his detractors

Gil was outstanding and MOTM

Weimann was fullof endeavour and a threat.

Benteke and Bacuna were woeful

Grealish and his hair looked superb ;-)

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Positives:

GILL!!!!!! wonderful goal, looks a class apart, shows Lambert for his faults can spot a player.

Andi - much much better, his running balanced out Benteke's unwillingness to move.

The Okore/Clark partnership - looked solid as usual

Cleverly - I've slagged him but he did ok today I thought.  If Benteke had been on it he would have gotten an assist.

Negatives

Bacuna - liability, lost count of how many times our passing broke down because of him.

Richardson - turned off numerous time in defence, poor going forward and like Bacuna has this tedious habit of making needless fouls which gift the opposition a get out from difficult positions.

Benteke - the commentator on my stream kept saying that he was playing on his heels and he was exactly right, played like he couldn't be arsed.

Sanchez - only slight negative, he didn't have a great game today

We were absolutely dismal in the first half, but fair's fair, we were a lot better after the interval, and in the end you can only beat the opposition you're playing. Gil and Weimann will work together well, and I think we saw that having forwards with footballing brains up the pitch actually helps. If Gabby returns for Weimann I'll be livid, but also unsurprised. Benteke had a poor game. The ball he played at the end for Westwood was really pretty good, but he just didn't really do anything before that. If he starts performing, we should start to do a little better, but we still need width. Hutton and Cissokho don't provide enough, and on this showing, Richardson is not the answer either. Clark and Okore were good, although I wasn't sure who to blame out of Clark and Richardson for their goal. 

Â