Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Seems like Wilshere and Welbeck will be out for this one (http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php). I think this will be a tough game considering the form Arsenal are in. I'll be watching this game together with one of my Arsenal-supporting friends so I really, really, reaaaally hope we spank the ever living shite out of them. 3-0 Villa. please make this happen oh mighty God of Kicking Balls Into Nets.

• Danny Welbeck has scored four goals in his last three Premier League starts against Aston Villa.
  • Christian Benteke has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Arsenal.
  • Chelsea and Man Utd (12 each) are the only visiting team to have earned more points at the Emirates Stadium than Aston Villa (11) in the Barclays Premier League (W3 D2 L3).
  • Arsenal have scored five goals in their last two Premier League games against Villa, all between the 32nd and 36th minutes.
  • The Gunners haven't managed to win three Premier League games in a row this season.
  • Aston Villa have gone eight hours and 42 minutes of Premier League football since they last scored.
  • Currently on a run of five games without a goal, the Villains have never gone six league games in a row without scoring in their history.
  • Olivier Giroud has scored four goals in his last five Premier League appearances. 
  • Only Derby (10 in 2007-08) have scored fewer goals after 22 matches of a Premier League season than Aston Villa have managed this campaign (11).
  • Aston Villa have fired in just 60 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team in the division. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-aston-villa/winner

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I read "Sanchez a doubt for Villa game" and thought the all important Carlos was going to be missing.

Fear not, it's that other none-important none-entity that plays for Arsenal so we're okay :)

• Like 1

• Currently on a run of five games without a goal, the Villains have never gone six league games in a row without scoring in their history.

Uh oh, get record breakers on the phone - could be another one broken this weekend.

No No, I'm not being negative - I fully expect us to win, honest gov.

• Danny Welbeck has scored four goals in his last three Premier League starts against Aston Villa.
  • Christian Benteke has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Arsenal.
  • Chelsea and Man Utd (12 each) are the only visiting team to have earned more points at the Emirates Stadium than Aston Villa (11) in the Barclays Premier League (W3 D2 L3).
  • Arsenal have scored five goals in their last two Premier League games against Villa, all between the 32nd and 36th minutes.
  • The Gunners haven't managed to win three Premier League games in a row this season.
  • Aston Villa have gone eight hours and 42 minutes of Premier League football since they last scored.
  • Olivier Giroud has scored four goals in his last five Premier League appearances. 
  • Only Derby (10 in 2007-08) have scored fewer goals after 22 matches of a Premier League season than Aston Villa have managed this campaign (11).
  • Aston Villa have fired in just 60 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team in the division. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-aston-villa/winner

Another record to go on Lamberts ever growing list of failures. God he really has been awful since he walked through the door.

Wengers Press conference :

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been talking ahead of Sunday's home game with Aston Villa.

Asked about the fitness of Alexis Sanchez, who has a hamstring problem, the Frenchman said: "We'll test that tomorrow. It's unlikely that I will risk him on Sunday but we'll see."

On whether new signing Gabriel Paulista will feature: "He's ready to go. He'll be in the squad, certainly. He started his training yesterday and looks fit."

Edited by VILLAMARV

Just read on brum mail Cleverley could find himself on the bench with Delph due back. If it happens it will be put to bed this is there isnt there a must-start clause which would again raise the question 'what the hell has Lambo been thinking the last XX weeks'

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Wengers Press conference :

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been talking ahead of Sunday's home game with Aston Villa.

Asked about the fitness of Alexis Sanchez, who has a hamstring problem, the Frenchman said: "We'll test that tomorrow. It's unlikely that I will risk him on Sunday but we'll see."

On whether new signing Gabriel Paulista will feature: "He's ready to go. He'll be in the squad, certainly. He started his training yesterday and looks fit."

On the fitness of striker Danny Welbeck (thigh) and midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (groin).

"If I were to gamble, gamble, gamble, Danny Welbeck could be available for Sunday. But it would be a big gamble after such a long time out. But he's definitely available for next week.

"I think next week's game at Tottenham will come a little bit early for Chamberlain."

Right then, now Sinclair is on board I reckon this:

Guzan

Hutton  Clark  Okore  Cissokho

Sanchez   Delph

Gil                                 Sinclair

Weimann   Benteke

Go nice and attacking, we're not going to win the game by not scoring again, so we might as well go for it. To be honest, I'm not sure Sinclair would be match fit, he hasn't played for a fair while now so I doubt he'll start, it's fun to put new names in a team sheet though!

• Like 3