Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

10933858_704460329651788_626121593327178

lets hope its a happy day like this one was. 

Happy days, I was there.

Me too, I'm somewhere in that photo as we were stood near the front in the middle behind the clock but it's a bit like "Where's Wally" trying to find myself ;)

Great day but I hope the result's better Sunday, wont be easy but Arsenal have a soft underbelly and our record is good at there place so who know's? another 0-0??

A quick look on the Arsenal forum and they are nervous for this match. They think we are shit but we almost always turn up against them at the Emirates. They also think the Monaco CL game is more important, lets hope their players are thinking about that one.

Benteke has scored three goals in four games against them so I'm backing him to get back to his old form now.

My first Villa game in years and I'm suddenly very optimistic!

Edited by bose

Love the confidence but there is a difference to beating Bournemouth reserves at home and beating Arsenal first team away! ;)

The best I can see us doing is scoring a goal.

Score prediction: Arsenal 3 - Villa 0.

Got tickets in the home area so hoping we keep them quiet! Would love to see us win this . :detect:

Love the confidence but there is a difference to beating Bournemouth reserves at home and beating Arsenal first team away! ;)

The best I can see us doing is scoring a goal.

Score prediction: Arsenal 3 - Villa 0.

Got tickets in the home area so hoping we keep them quiet! Would love to see us win this . :detect:

a quiet day out then take a book and ask where  fiction section is

• Like 1

Just had a look at their forum and they're all in a rage that the same ref who did the fixture last season is doing it again this year.

Forgot how good Anthony Taylor was for us in this fixture, two penalties and koscienly sent off, you tend to forget the good ones.

• Like 2

One of Lambert's few redeeming virtues as Villa manager has been a few giant-killings over the last couple of years. I think it's highly unlikely that we'll get anything, and I think another 3-0 loss would be my prediction. Nevertheless, I hope we don't go into it with a defeatist mindset (and to be fair to Lambert, I don't think we will). 

Just had a look at their forum and they're all in a rage that the same ref who did the fixture last season is doing it again this year.

Forgot how good Anthony Taylor was for us in this fixture, two penalties and koscienly sent off, you tend to forget the good ones.

He didn't send Szczesny off though, and that was as blatant a red card as you'll see.