Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

But we don't know if Westwood is even ready to start, he has just come back from injury. This is my point, I understand criticisms of the manager and I have my own, but to just assume he is an idiot because of our starting line-up doesn't make any sense to me when we don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

Id agree if it were not for Westwood and Cissokho being on the bench.

If a player isn't fit, they shouldn't be in the squad. Having both on the bench suggests they are and that the decisions are tactical.

I wish Lambert could manage villa but always have Saturday's off.

Think people have to much faith in the Okore\Clark partnership - granted its better than Clark\Baker - but over the last few week they haven't proved anything like impregnable. - This IMO will be our undoing today.

So what would you do? Vlaar's not in the squad and Senderos is still injured. Okore/Baker??

Think people have to much faith in the Okore\Clark partnership - granted its better than Clark\Baker - but over the last few week they haven't proved anything like impregnable. - This IMO will be our undoing today.

What have you got against Clark and Okore? There have been few positives this season but this is one of them - they've been immense.

• Like 2

I was hoping Sinclair would start.

Cleverly and Westwood are very similar so I don't get the fuss.

I can only think Richardson is in to offer more going forward which is surely a good thing and what I want to see from Lambert.

• Like 1

I like the team. A litle suprised Richardson is picked ahead of Cissoko but he had a decent game against bournmouth and should add more quality going forward.

Yeah he had a really decent game apart from cost us one goal and nearly cost us another late on.

... And he cleared an almost certain goal off the line IIRC, but let's ignore that part ;)

So what would you do? Vlaar's not in the squad and Senderos is still injured. Okore/Baker??

Touche !

I was just responding to 'Oh great the Clark/Okore Pairing is back'  - which to me is based on nothing. I wish one of (or even both)  Vlaar \Senderos  was back....

Edited by smetrov

Touche !

I was just responding to 'Oh great the Clark/Okore Pairing is back'  - which to me is based on nothing. I wish one of (or even both)  Vlaar \Senderos  was back....

It's based on the fact that they've been great pretty much ever since they started playing together.

Touche !

It's based on the fact that they've been great pretty much ever since they started playing together.

and Kept 1 ...or maybe 2 clean sheets ....against Crystal P and Sunderland - fair enough if thats great for you - for me it isn't + Okore seems very easily caught out by the diagonal through ball - seems to play to high up the pitch...

Touche !

and Kept 1 ...or maybe 2 clean sheets ....against Crystal P and Sunderland - fair enough if thats great for you - for me it isn't + Okore seems very easily caught out by the diagonal through ball - seems to play to high up the pitch...

Look at how many goals they've conceded - hardly any when you consider the position we're in. Don't start with this expectations rubbish because it's blatantly obvious where our problems lie and it isn't the defence.

Edited by Mantis

Touche !

Not sure that the Clark and Okore partnership is the issue with that line up

Touche !

Not sure that the Clark and Okore partnership is the issue with that line up

....Lets hope not !