tarjei

Anyone playing this?

It's a Day Z kinda game, but it has it differences which makes it a lot of fun. Currently in early access and costs about £10? It got of to a rocky start with lots of hype and then the servers were mostly down for the first two days. There's still some issues with balancing things, but SOE are impressively releasing patches every other day or so. 

I've logged about 26 hours in the game. Lots of fun just strolling around and then there's the heart-racing action when you have good loot and end up getting attacked or you have to hide.

I've played on my own. I try to be friendly to most I come across, but usually to no effect. I did meet a couple of nice people but most are absolute knobheads that just wants your loot and will (try to) kill you on sight or lure you into a situation where they can kill you. I had a funny one today with a fresh spawn that decided to attack me. I was going somewhere anyway so I just ran in that direction with him following me like a mad man 5 meters behind. I tried to talk to him and offer him stuff, but he replied only in French. After about 10-15 minutes my stamina was running out and I was approaching my campfire. I turned around and fired my bow... a sweet sweet head shot from about half a meters range. Dickhead! I hate these guys that spawns and immediatly go looking for some guy with a backpack to kill and loot.

Playing as a lone wolf is super hard, so if anyone wants to team up I'd defiantly be up for that, even if you're a complete newb.

Watched quite a lot of videos and it looked ropey as hell. Looked like a ps2 game too. I'm assuming it's better to play than watch though so will see how it develops along the way.

• Like 1

Yeah, my experience with watching vs playing is that it's quite different. The streamers are typically looking for fun, havoc and the odd random social experiment... I guess it depends on playstyle. If you allow yourself to get immersed it will get intense pretty fast. Eventually it's supposed to be free to play and funded by airdrops and skins, so there's good reason to wait.

Can't bare to watch that.. it's like watching paint dry. Not a good idea to do a 20 min blind playthrough of a game that you need many hours to learn. He even says so himself many times. When you've learned the basics and how to navigate you waste a lot less time.

• 3 years later...

If anyone's interested the open beta of this on ps4 is now available.  Haven't managed to get into a game yet but thought I'd give it a try. 

**** me, it's awful. :lol:

needs a lot of work just to make it anywhere near acceptable.

if you go anywhere near a town, frame rate is 15-20, which makes your eyes hurt.

The textures of the walls in buildings are all the same colour meaning you can't see a hallway.

the gun play, coupled with bad frame rate means it's very lucky if you hit anything past 30m. 

The sound is awful, you don't know where the footsteps are coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a play on this again tonight.  The recent patches have certainly improved the gameplay and i can heard where foot steps are coming from now. 

Â