Bye Bye come June!

AvfcRigo82

End of next season will be a mass exodus… 

------------------Given------------------ 

Lowton----Baker----Clark---Bennett

Nzog-----Bacuna------Sylla----Luna

-------Helenius---------Weimann----- 

Keep 2/3 out of that lot. Baker, Clark, (Bacuna) the rest can do one!

That is horrific.

Relegation to Div 1 just around the corner

That is completely horrific.

Although completely made up and factually laughable.

We would have lost :

£8m GK

£20m Striker

£12m Midfielder

Plus all the other bits and bobs that seem to be missing.

Bent and Vlaar's £100k wages.

So would have about £50m to re invest in talent, plus a massive dent in our wage budget, plus the parachute payments.

What a ridiculous post. Scare mongoring at its finest, bed wetting at its greatest.

That's not even taking into account that we might not even get relegated.

Edited by rodders0223

End of next season will be a mass exodus… 

Keep 2/3 out of that lot. Baker, Clark, (Bacuna) the rest can do one!

That is horrific.

Relegation to Div 1 just around the corner

That is completely horrific.

Although completely made up and factually laughable.

We would have lost :

£8m GK

£20m Striker

£12m Midfielder

Plus all the other bits and bobs that seem to be missing.

Bent and Vlaar's £100k wages.

So would have about £50m to re invest in talent, plus a massive dent in our wage budget, plus the parachute payments.

What a ridiculous post. Scare mongoring at its finest, bed wetting at its greatest.

That's not even taking into account that we might not even get relegated.

Ill have whatever he's having, Please pay attention at the back before shiting the bed at its greatest!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-players-fresh-chance-8663849

"Fellow loan-rangers Gary Gardner, Chris Herd, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenuis, Antonio Luna, Aleksandar Tonev, and Joe Bennett are all out-of-contract in the summer and unlikely to play for Villa again."

so say the Birmingham Mail.

Intreagued to find out if thats just bad journalism, whether weve changed a few contracts or the places I go to find out such info are all wrong.

Yep Helenius and Tonev were three year deals, dunno on Luna.

Be interesting to see the wages we save.

Between Herd, Vlaar and bent just leaving that is probably not far off 100k combined, isn't Herdy on close to 20k with that new contract he signed under McLeish.

If someone is daft enough to pay us a small fee to get shot of N'zogbia that's another 40k gone right there.

first page of this thread has my list as I had it, so of those Herd is ooc this summer along with Vlaar, Bent and Enda, The others on that list I had down for 2016. Apart from Tonev till 2017.

maybe Gregg Evans is on here and wants to give me a job to ghost write his powderpuff pieces for him then? :D

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-players-fresh-chance-8663849

"Fellow loan-rangers Gary Gardner, Chris Herd, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenuis, Antonio Luna, Aleksandar Tonev, and Joe Bennett are all out-of-contract in the summer and unlikely to play for Villa again."

so say the Birmingham Mail.

Intreagued to find out if thats just bad journalism, whether weve changed a few contracts or the places I go to find out such info are all wrong.

Antonio Luna - Summer 2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22996175

Yacouba Sylla - Summer 2016 - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/31/yacouba-sylla-aston-villa-clermont

Aleksander Tonev - Summer 2016 - http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210961.html

Niklas Helenius - Summer 2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22863633

Joe Bennet - Summer 2016 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195398/Joe-Bennett-joins-Aston-Villa-Middlesbrough.html

Gary Gardener - Summer 2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27512698

• Like 1

So, they got one right, and six wrong. Brilliant work there, just excellent. 

Technically they got 9 wrong! As no mention of Stevens, Bent and Vlaar. The only players who's existing deals are due to expire (along with the said Herd) 

Taxi for the jurno!

• Like 2

I know Kendrick wasn't everyone's cup of tea but the Mail seem to be employing work experience kids to cover us nowadays and it shows in the match reports and also this piece which is lazy not to simply google a couple of the players and see the length of contracts they all signed.

I could do that in 5 minutes, it isn't rocket science.

Edited by VillaChris

Yep, it's wierd getting the Mail on a monday now and not seeing see the names Lepwokswki, Kendrick and Tattum covering the respective teams whether you thought they were decent journalists or not.

Bill Howell amusingly is now covering Albion...if only O'Leary knew!

Shame Given and Nzogbia aren't up this Summer with Bent. There's got to be close to £180k per week in wages there. Can't see either going though, no one will pick up those salaries and they  sure won't take a pay cut to get out. It'll Be nice to finally see an end to that era of of overpriced and overpaid players

With the the exception of Vlaar, there is no one leaving in the next couple of years that would be a huge concern, I just hope the wages aren't just cut from the bill, but instead combined, so we can actually compete for quality, albeit in smaller numbers. 

We won't have a chance of getting up the league though until we start turning players over in a far more profitable way.  Hopefully Reilly and Lambert have started that process and Sherwood can continue to build on it with Reilly's continued support. They could do with finding a couple of wonderkids between them. 

Edited by wazzap24

Just wondered if theres a deadwood thread this year or if I can hijack this one :)

Stay up or go down I guess we all wanna see a few underperformers on their bikes.

After the confusion in the B.Mail (see above) I thought Id post the Contract Expiry dates as I have them. That doesnt mean they're 100% correct feel free to point out any mistakes but It might be relevant to who we wanna see go or stay.

Contract Expiry:

2014/2015:
Enda Stephens
Darren Bent
Ron Vlaar
Chris Herd
+Loan Expiry
Scott Sinclair
Tom Cleverley

2015/2016:
Janoi Donacien
Niclas Helenius
Antonio Luna
Yacouba Sylla
Joe Bennett
Gary Gardner
Andreas Weimann
Charles Nzogbia
Leandro Bacuna
Nathan Baker
Ciaran Clarke
Kieran Richardson
Joe Cole
Philippe Senderos
Shay Given
Callum Robinson

2016/2017:
Alexander Tonev
Alan Hutton
Brad Guzan
Christian Benteke
Libor KozaK
Matt Lowton
Jores Okore
Ashley Westwood

2017/2018:
Carlos Sanchez
Ally Cissoko
Jack Grealish
Gabriel Agbonlahor

2018/2019
Fabian Delph
Carles Gil

If we pretend for a second there was a plan to improve us as a football team who would you get rid of if we had the chance?

2015/2016:

Janoi Donacien

Niclas Helenius

Antonio Luna

Yacouba Sylla

Joe Bennett

Gary Gardner

Andreas Weimann

Charles Nzogbia

Leandro Bacuna

Nathan Baker

Ciaran Clarke

Kieran Richardson

Joe Cole

Philippe Senderos

Shay Given

Callum Robinson

2016/2017:

Alexander Tonev

Alan Hutton

Brad Guzan

Christian Benteke

Libor KozaK

Matt Lowton

Jores Okore

Ashley Westwood

2017/2018:

Carlos Sanchez

Ally Cissoko

Jack Grealish

Gabriel Agbonlahor

2018/2019

Fabian Delph

Carles Gil

So the above team is a possibility

(Lerner Pocketing anything he gets from transfers & creaming the TV deal)

Edited by Grasshopper

Â