AVR #105: the protest, Liverpool review & Bournemouth preview

The_Rev

Gonna start a thread for every new episode.  Again, I think Chris is probably too humble to start his own but he is an active VillaTalk member and a friend so I've got the urge to support the show even if it's in a small way like this.  

JANUARY 19, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 105 - protest flops as Villa lose to Liverpool
It's been a busy week at Aston Villa once again, and this week's show covers plenty of ground. Chris and Steve begin with a few thoughts about the fan protest that took place at Villa Park at the start of Villa's Premier League defeat to Liverpool, and then assess in detail the game itself. Goals from Fabio Borini and Rickie Lambert sunk Villa, and, of course, Liverpool won to nil.

We welcome Carles Gil to the club and reflect on his debut from the bench, before moving on to look ahead to Villa's FA Cup Fourth Round fixture. AFC Bournemouth visit on Sunday with a boatload of swagger and confidence behind them - could a win over the Championship leaders be the key to lifting the gloom at B6?

Episode page

Direct link to file

• Like 1

Yep enjoyed the episode. Echoed many of my own thoughts, primarily that we really weren't that bad against Liverpool, despite the result.

The main grievance was the sloppy defending which has been our one positive this season!

Yep enjoyed the episode. Echoed many of my own thoughts, primarily that we really weren't that bad against Liverpool, despite the result.

The main grievance was the sloppy defending which has been our one positive this season!

It's a shame really that we've had so many different defensive combinations this season. Having a settled back four is imperative. 

Yeah that was a good point as well. Crazy that we have five centrebacks all with a decent number of appearances.

Also credit to them because they've all performed pretty well.

• Like 2

Â