Can Vas re-gain his England place?

irishmangiant

Can Darius win his England place for the next international?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Can Darius win his England place for the next international?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think Vass is more skillful than Owen, but he is definitely quicker and stronger.

i think he is.. owen has the 'touch of a rapist'...

vass has much better control and first touch but is let down by his finishing...

i also think hes too nice.. he should be a little more selfish and he may score more...

Sven likes him, and picked him when his been really poor. He was in front of Heskey before his injury. I'ld like to see Vass play alongside Rooney again, they were immence together against Turkey, they changed the game that sent England to Euro 2004.

Owen is better and plays for Real. Rooney is the wonderboy that everybody loves and Defoe has a far better goal-ratio this year and seems to be better in general. Therefore Vassell is nr. 4 in the pecking order when it comes to the one place alongside the tall, heading striker like Smith, Heskey whoever.

So I'd say he's nr. 7 or sumthin right now

Vassell is nr. 4 in the pecking order when it comes to the one place alongside the tall, heading striker like Smith, Heskey whoever.

Which Smith is that you're talking about? The 5ft 8inch (1.78m) dwarf that picks splinters out of the Old Trafford bench or is there another one thats Crouchesque in height that only you and Sven have noticed

I didn't mean exctly what you interpreted ;)

Point is, Smith is regarded as a striker type similar to Heskey, rather than Vass and Owen. Due to his skills which is heading and meeting the ball, rather than running after it with full pace

Point is, Smith is regarded as a striker type similar to Heskey

No, he's not, he's nothing like eMule Heskey at all, he can run into the box without falling over :D

And in all seriousness, I don't think they are the same type of player at all, one is skillful and slight, the other bases his game on power and athleticism (did I just say that :? :oops: )

I still think you ae talking about a different Smith

Which Smith is that you're talking about? The 5ft 8inch (1.78m) dwarf that picks splinters out of the Old Trafford bench or is there another one thats Crouchesque in height that only you and Sven have noticed

Alan Smith ... played for Arsenal ... you know the one.

Owen is better and plays for Real. Rooney is the wonderboy that everybody loves and Defoe has a far better goal-ratio this year and seems to be better in general. Therefore Vassell is nr. 4 in the pecking order when it comes to the one place alongside the tall, heading striker like Smith, Heskey whoever.

You don't half talk some rubbish. The last time Sven used the 'little man - big man' combination David Seaman was busy flapping his hair at good 'ole gappy's cross. 3 years ago. And when was the last time Alan Smith pulled on an England shirt? 12 months ago???

Daz is England's official super sub, not sure where that puts him in the 'pecking order'......

It was funny v WBA when Vass and Hoult both chased a loose ball, despite a big headstart Hoult was never gonna get there first, and soon retreated.

Sven now sees Defoe ahead of Vassell as the backup for Owen. I don't like to admit it but you have to say that Defoe has looked sharper in front of goal. Still, if Vass can keep scoring the rest of the season, Sven will take notice again.

I don't think Smith is in the picture at all, but as he plays a deeper game these days, he could conceivably be seen as backup for Rooney.

Â