maqroll

When I think Scottish football I immediately think 'what's the point?'

Unfortunately i'm beginning to edge towards feeling the same about English football nowadays!  :(

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers manager Kenny McDowall claims he has been told by the club that the five loan signings made from Newcastle must be in his starting XI if fit.

Midfielders Gael Bigirimana and Haris Vuckic and defenders Kevin Mbabu, Remie Streete and Shane Ferguson joined from the Premier League side on Monday.

Their parent club are owned by Rangers shareholder Mike Ashley.

McDowall says chief executive Derek Llambias and football board chairman Sandy Easdale told him the news.

When you thought that Scottish football couldn't become any more of a joke...

both are as bad as each other, 2 nasty football teams with scum support

Glasgow might be a nice place if there wasn't a constant undercurrent of hatred and bigotry. Two disgusting clubs.

ive never been to Glasgow, just my opinion of fans from Ireland ;)

ive never been to Glasgow, just my opinion of fans from Ireland ;)

Don't go. If you get into a cab with an Irish accent one of two things will happen, 1. The cabbie won't talk to you or drop you off where you actually want to go (ergo he's a rangers fan) 2. THe cabbie will go out of his way to show you around, tell you where to go and undercharge you for the fare (ergo he's a Celtic fan). This undercurrent is pretty much everywhere and it's shite. It's the same if you go to the pubs so you have to stick to the Irish bars...which are, as always, shite.

Also anyone supporting Celtic or Rangers in Ireland is generally a scumbag tosser.

Edited by villa89

I actually quite like Glasgow as a city, but I presume the getting in a cab thing is true in reverse if you speak to the driver with an English accent?     Better off finding one with an Asian driver because you can virtually guarantee he will support Liverpool. 

• Like 1

This is not particularly encouraging reading for me, as I'm spending my birthday in Glasgow.

I don't even have a Brummie accent anymore, it's some generic Midlands/South East half cockney drawl. I can't imagine the Glaswegians have must time for London tossers...

Having said that, I do have a native as my guide, so hopefully she'll speak Scottish to them "This bairn s'kay aye" or however you translate  ;)

Apologies to any Scottish Villa fans reading, I am mainly messing!

Ah, not Scottish Villa fans sorry. I meant Scotch Villa fans.

Dig dig dig

This is not particularly encouraging reading for me, as I'm spending my birthday in Glasgow.

I don't even have a Brummie accent anymore, it's some generic Midlands/South East half cockney drawl. I can't imagine the Glaswegians have must time for London tossers...

Having said that, I do have a native as my guide, so hopefully she'll speak Scottish to them "This bairn s'kay aye" or however you translate  ;)

Dig dig dig

I like Glasgow a lot, I have been numerous times through work

Dig dig dig

If you get into any bother just tell them that you think Edinburgh is nicer.  They love hearing that. 

Seriously though, Edinburgh is much nicer.  My second favourite city in the UK.

• Like 1

Celtic and Rangers supporters are the worst of the worst (support Hearts! :) )....but you'll be fine on your birthday Islington, as long as your not making an idiot of yourself (and to fair, you would have to try hard to stand out in Glasgow), nobody gives a toss what you're accent is like or where you are from. 

Â