PJ's/Pillow/ZZZ's Protest vs Chelsea

Demitri_C

I think this requires its own thread. A few ideas have been suggested for the home game against Chelsea. These include:

Wear pyjamas and bring pillows

Hold up ZZZZ's

Have arrows pointing to the opposition goal when we are attacking.

The idea of this protest is not against Lerner as he wants to go so a protest against him will be pointless. But our main argument is against Lambert's negative style of play. A protest like this clearly marks the point we are frustrated about. In addition its more of  a "fun" but effective method to protest and won't potentially have a negative impact on the players like a aggressive protest could.

If this thread generates a lot of interest this could happen. Please feel free to post on other Villa related sites

Who is in?

• Like 1

I think it'll just feed into the negativity of the whole situation, when your team is battling relegation I don't think these sort of things are a good idea.

But you have already said in the 'Relegation' thread that you don't think we will go down so how are we battling relegation and how can a protest harm the situation?

Edited by pacbuddies

I think it'll just feed into the negativity of the whole situation, when your team is battling relegation I don't think these sort of things are a good idea.

But you have already said in the 'Relegation' thread that you don't think we will go down so how are we battling relegation and how can a protest harm the situation?

I've said that I don't think we'll go down but that doesn't mean I want negative things happening that could prove me wrong. If anything it contradicts what I've been saying in the Paul Lambert thread about players being responsible for their own effort. Although I think this is different.

Edited by useless

I just get worried this is one of those pranks where everyone says they're going to do it but aren't really, so I end up going along in my PJs looking like a tit when everyone else is dressed like a superhero or something.

To protect against this eventuality just wear your underpants over your PJ trousers then you can be a superhero too.  :D

• Like 3

An entire stand dressed in PJs sounds funny, but keep in mind February has been through history quite a cold month and so people will be more inclined to dress in warmer clothes. A few people in pyjamas dotted around wouldn't quite have the same impact. Arrows and Zs sound fairly naff. And it won't make an iota of difference. 

The modern football fan is no more than a Foley artist, there to provide atmosphere for our friends watching in Singapore. Not the lifeblood of anything, and never the difference between staying up and going down. A manager will be judged on results and league position, not on whether or not the fans like him. Ask General Krulak if you don't believe me.

• Like 1

Â