AVR #104: "It's time Paul"

The_Rev

Not arrogance. I don't believe I'm some know all fan that everyone should believe. I'm talking about an opinion held by the vast majority of Aston villa fans now. Nothing to do with me being arrogant. I'm sure you could come up with a funny joke instead of this.

Not arrogance. I don't believe I'm some know all fan that everyone should believe. I'm talking about an opinion held by the vast majority of Aston villa fans now. Nothing to do with me being arrogant. I'm sure you could come up with a funny joke instead of this.

I'm not going to turn another thread, particularly this one with an excellent, well thought out podcast of views associated with it down any further. I personally think telling other people they are losing their minds because their viewpoint differs from yours is arrogance. If you don't then we can agree to disagree and allow it to continue on topic.

Indeed.

Listen to the WM football phone in. Not one Villa caller backs Lambert. They all want him out.

• Like 1

Yep. Excellent podcast and I am eternally thankful for introducing me to the phrase "jeb end"

It never ceases to amaze me how many opinions appear the day after the podcast is released as well - it carries a great deal of uncredited influence.

It could just be that we've all watched the same game and the majority of people assess the game/ manager's decisions the same way.

If your a fan of Lambert DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST,i thought it was brilliant,i will listen in again next week.

Why? I listened to it all and thought they were spot on and i'd probably be considered by some a Lambert fan. 

I haven't listened to it, but I think it's a safe bet that a pretty large number of fans haven't put much thought into whether the manager is really the problem or not. There are fans who have thought about it plenty and still want him out, sure, and fair play to them. But there's a reason why football clubs aren't run by consensus among their fans.

If your a fan of Lambert DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST,i thought it was brilliant,i will listen in again next week.

Why? I listened to it all and thought they were spot on and i'd probably be considered by some a Lambert fan. 

Chris himself admitted in the podcast that he's a Lambert fan, or that he at least likes him.

You can be a Lambert fan and still want him out.

I like Lambert, I want him to succeed. But I don't think he will so I think it's right that he goes.

• Like 2

Surprising how many people weren't aware of this. Nayson may have increased their listenership by some margin (square space adverts incoming!)

I usually only listen when we get good results (fair weather podder) but this week's was top notch.

• Like 1

Chris himself admitted in the podcast that he's a Lambert fan, or that he at least likes him.

I like Lambert, I want him to succeed. But I don't think he will so I think it's right that he goes.

I am, very much so. I'm gutted that it hasn't worked out like we'd hoped.

The personal abuse he gets on here doesn't really do it for me but I don't think he's going to turn this around.

• Like 1

I don't expect sunshine and smiles but that podcast seemed to be purely an outlet for the two presenters to moan. I switched off at the point where Tim Sherwood was mooted as a possible replacement for Lambert.

I felt that the two guys seemed clued up and fairly intelligent people but I don't think I'll listen to it again. I'd prefer to listen to something insightful or analytical rather than just opinion-based and defeatist.

• Like 1

I am, very much so. I'm gutted that it hasn't worked out like we'd hoped.

The personal abuse he gets on here doesn't really do it for me but I don't think he's going to turn this around.

The personal abuse anyone gets on here baffles me.

Even with McLeish, who I hated having as manager, wouldn't get personal abuse from me. What warrants that?

I cringe when I see people calling Lambert a word removed or a moron or an imbecile. I know it's a message board and he'll never read it, but he doesn't deserve stuff like that. IMO of course

• Like 3

Â