Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bose

Carles Gil

Recommended Posts

Wow I wish I had written that, do you think the crowd (supporters) had an impact on his confidence levels ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smg said:

Wow I wish I had written that, do you think the crowd (supporters) had an impact on his confidence levels ?

In his case probably not. I think most fans enjoyed watching him. We didnt have too many players that were on his wave length in attack last season. I posted a side earlier in the thread that he played and people were commenting how poor it is. Thats what he had to play with. If he had a Hogan type player who MOVES and creates space and an opportunity for an attacking player to pass into.. then he may have been able to create something. Its about the attacking players movement just as it is about the pass.. the difference with the players who get alot of assists is their ability to spot the run and execute the pass. Last season we had Gabby.. Gestede etc upfront. 

To answer your question.. i think he had a hard time with Sherwood. Sherwood didnt seem to rate him.. probably preferring different style of player (not sure what that is mind you).. i just think as with any job.. if your not wanted.. your going to want to leave. Thats the way he saw it. Under Lambert he was a different player and had confidence. He may not come back but we do have him  under contract for 3 more years.. Unless we get a decent offer.. i wouldnt sell him... if Bruce fancies him or not. Think he would suit current players imo. It was also his first season.. apparently he doesnt deserve time to adapt either. 

Just find it odd the shit he gets on here. Compared to some other players. Grealish being one. Still gets sung about. The shit he does off the field and the level of performances last season imparticular after Sherwood left...

Anyway.. i will be sad to see him sold as i think theres a good player in there and im glad hes proving it in La Liga. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he didn't want to play in the Championship this season, he's hardly any more likely to be keen on it now that a] we've had a bad season in the Championship, and b] he's had a good season in La Liga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If he didn't want to play in the Championship this season, he's hardly any more likely to be keen on it now that a] we've had a bad season in the Championship, and b] he's had a good season in La Liga. 

Like i said.. we have him for 3 more years.. if he turns out to really improve in La Liga. Why sell him now when his stocks are low? Send him out on loan again next year... If we eventually go up we can get him back in a more stable environment. Same goes with Veretout. There are players in there.. last year was not the right time to join Aston Villa unfortunately. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KSV said:

Like i said.. we have him for 3 more years.. if he turns out to really improve in La Liga. Why sell him now when his stocks are low? Send him out on loan again next year... If we eventually go up we can get him back in a more stable environment. Same goes with Veretout. There are players in there.. last year was not the right time to join Aston Villa unfortunately. 

Surely the point is his stock is now high? If he's playing well in La Liga, it will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Xela said:

How about goals scored? How do they compare then?

Not favourably but Gil has never been a prolific goal scorer. His role is to create for the strikers.

Compared with Toni Kroos who leads La Liga with 9 assists and 1 goal for Real Madrid -

Carles Gil - 1 assist per 122 mins

Toni Kroos - 1 assist per 149 mins

In fact Gil's assists per minutes played ratio is the best in La Liga. The only players which come close are Jaime Romero and James Rodriguez with 1 assist per 133 & 140 mins. Their combined total number of goals is 1.

Edited by Michael118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Surely the point is his stock is now high? If he's playing well in La Liga, it will be. 

Nobody will sign him because hes had 4-5 assists. People forget hes only 23-24 years old. Still will reach his peak in a few years and will only get better. Id sell him.. at the end of next season if we havent gone up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good player completely unsuited to the current Villa way of dour football. I loved him, I thought he was brilliant at times, that stunning volley and that goal v Leicester! My word. But he just would look bang average again in our current team. Maybe in 6 months time things will be different who knows?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KSV said:

That is not what the stat is showing. Just that he's in good form. People writing him off for being average for us in our worst ever side is hilarious. In that time we have had some of the worst managers in football..(who don't even have jobs in management). Yes he didn't want to be here as he suffered confidence issues and wanted to return home and rightly so. If he stayed he would have been professional and played his best but he was good enough to get a move. I'd take him over the overrated local kid we have currently playing.

A lot of guess work in there that makes him look some sort of saint. 

Don't forget his agent made it public that he wanted out. How professional was that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

A lot of guess work in there that makes him look some sort of saint. 

Don't forget his agent made it public that he wanted out. How professional was that? 

Pretty common mate..Left without a fuss. Hasn't caused any off field dramas or fall outs with any manager in his career. Didn't say a bad word about the club or even Sherwood. If he stayed he would have just got on with it but preferred to go home and get his confidence back

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KSV said:

Pretty common mate..Left without a fuss. Hasn't caused any off field dramas or fall outs with any manager in his career. Didn't say a bad word about the club or even Sherwood. If he stayed he would have just got on with it but preferred to go home and get his confidence back

That's purely guess work. What other players that left in the summer had their agent publicly say they're intention was not to play in the summer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"He was brilliant should be playing for us"

"He wasn't good enough for English league"

"He didn't want to be here"

Rinse and Repeat... looks like the spherical conversation has moved from Westwood's thread to this one

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eibar are an outfit this season you don't get to 7th in La Liga without being decent. I don't think he played in the 0-4 away win at Valencia mind? Point is, he's playing in a much better team. La Liga have a new TV deal now which gives in relative terms all the 'lesser' teams quite a bit more Wonga (minimum is 50 million Euros IIRC) so Eibar may even buy him themselves. 

Edited by NottingVilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil's been in and out of Depor.

From what I've seen the best loanee has been Veretout. He's started pretty much every game for St Etienne and they had a really good win v Lyon last night so think they're 4th now and he'll be playing Man. United in the Europa in the next two weeks.

That's one who certainly won't be coming back here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That's purely guess work. What other players that left in the summer had their agent publicly say they're intention was not to play in the summer? 

You cant hold him accountable for another persons actions surely. I know you dont like him but thats just odd. Bacuna Veretout etc all came out and actually said theyre open to other moves. Even Sanchez just said today that he doesnt want to go back to Villa and stay at Fiorentina. Even the so called Westwood who is loyal walked out as soon as a club came in for him. Gil did what every other player or even person would have done.. left a job that was run by a bunch of idiots. He had bad experiences and left. Never said a bad word about the club or even his experiences like some others had. Look at Ayew.. couldnt wait to leave..  Benteke wanted to leave after 1 year.. everyone forgave him and still see him as a hero. Its just whether you like the player or not... who cares they all leave and want to leave at some stage..  Im suprised your still going on about that one comment from an agent. I usually agree with 90% of things you say.. except when it comes to this lad..:D.. but look i respect your opinion.. you didnt rate him and dont have time for him. Fair enough. I was like that with Westwood. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, KSV said:

You cant hold him accountable for another persons actions surely. I know you dont like him but thats just odd. Bacuna Veretout etc all came out and actually said theyre open to other moves. Even Sanchez just said today that he doesnt want to go back to Villa and stay at Fiorentina. Even the so called Westwood who is loyal walked out as soon as a club came in for him. Gil did what every other player or even person would have done.. left a job that was run by a bunch of idiots. He had bad experiences and left. Never said a bad word about the club or even his experiences like some others had. Look at Ayew.. couldnt wait to leave..  Benteke wanted to leave after 1 year.. everyone forgave him and still see him as a hero. Its just whether you like the player or not... who cares they all leave and want to leave at some stage..  Im suprised your still going on about that one comment from an agent. I usually agree with 90% of things you say.. except when it comes to this lad..:D.. but look i respect your opinion.. you didnt rate him and dont have time for him. Fair enough. I was like that with Westwood. 

 

I don't mind him, I thought we had a real special player after his first few games, I just think he's massively over hyped and didn't do enough for us. And I didn't like his agent's comments, I'd be surprised if they were made without the consent of Gill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't mind him, I thought we had a real special player after his first few games, I just think he's massively over hyped and didn't do enough for us. And I didn't like his agent's comments, I'd be surprised if they were made without the consent of Gill. 

It's probably want he wanted.. I don't doubt..  not sure if he was approving an interview that his agent had with a paper. I think he is overhyped to an extent.. he was just so impressive under Lambert and to be honest never really got going after Lambert left. Sanchez comments were interesting though.. he said today.. after Lambert left I had 4-5 managers.. how do you work like that? One comes in and doesn't rate you and so on. This is why it's not good to chop and change. I think he struggled under Sherwood and it shook his confidence. Anyway.. it's unlikely he will play here again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â