Carles Gil

bose

It's not odd at all to me. He's not impressing enough in practice, or doesn't fit Tim's game plan at the moment.

So if (I'm sure this will be used against me but this is a hyperbole example and I am not suggesting they are anywhere near the same standard) Ronaldo was dropped from the Real Madrid squad all together then it would be understandable as he wasn't fitting into the plans of the manager and not impressing in training?

It is pretty much a fact that he is a better player than the likes of Weimann so to not have him on the bench is odd IMO.

Tired of people pretending they can see into the mind of Tim Sherwood.

It's not odd at all to me. He's not impressing enough in practice, or doesn't fit Tim's game plan at the moment.

So if (I'm sure this will be used against me but this is a hyperbole example and I am not suggesting they are anywhere near the same standard) Ronaldo was dropped from the Real Madrid squad all together then it would be understandable as he wasn't fitting into the plans of the manager and not impressing in training?

It is pretty much a fact that he is a better player than the likes of Weimann so to not have him on the bench is odd IMO.

Its not a fact that hes working harder in training though.

He obviously doesnt fit Tims plan atm, whether its fitness, effort in training or the language issue, none of us are the wiser. However we are playing very well and winning games without him so theres no need to question the decision atm

I won't go into the difference in the player because you are right, but are you comparing Ronaldo's worth to Madrid to Gil's worth to Villa?

Ronaldo has 300 goals in 300 games, Gil scored against Bournemouth once.

When did Gil become our greatest player, when did he become this top class player people think he is?

Maybe Tim doesn't think he is ready to be thrown in yet.

Maybe, just maybe, we have been scoring and creating plenty of goals without him.

Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to have a striker on the bench, instead of Zog, Cole and Gil who essentially play the same role?

• Like 4

Gil plays where Grealish plays.. Grealish is better than him, why play someone worse when playing both would likely make us weaker. Granted an attack of Gil and Grealish would be potent, but both are not the best when it comes to tracking back and defending though Grealish is getting better at that. We are playing one or the other and right now I can see why Grealish is playing as he's been the best player on the pitch against all manner of opponents for weeks now. 

• Like 1

There's no proof Grealish is better than Gil. Grealish hasn't scored yet and looks like he hasn't really got the confidence. What I have seen is Gil has 1 goal, an looks a much more confindent player for me! Though I agree Sherwood sees what he sees. But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation.

There's no proof Grealish is better than Gil. Grealish hasn't scored yet and looks like he hasn't really got the confidence. What I have seen is Gil has 1 goal, an looks a much more confindent player for me! Though I agree Sherwood sees what he sees. But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation.

What a load of shite.

• Like 1

What a load of shite.

There will be many a fan biased. Grealish is our man, I can see where your coming from.

I just don't think its a performance issue, when Tim plays the likes of Cole and Weimann in front of him, he is blatently not that bad. But I guess Tim knows best. Funny he prefers the english players in front of Gil though.

But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation.

Are you being genuinely serious here pal? The only thing that I have seen from Sherwood since he arrived is a massive desire to see us stay in the Premier League and then to build from there. If he believed that Gil being in the team or on the bench would give us a better chance of doing that then he would be picking him.

I only dip in and out of this thread as quite frankly Gil not currently seeing any game time is of no concern to me. The lad has played a handful of Premier League games. Looked very good in a couple and totally bullied out of the game against Hull and Stoke.

I don't know why Sherwood isn't picking him but then I don't see the lad in training everyday and don't know how he is getting on as a 22 year old still settling in to a new country and new league. What I do know is that we are currently playing some cracking football, have just won two games against top six opposition and should for me have won the third, and that we have a manager and every single player getting game time giving every sinew to win every game between now and the end of the season. I can't speak for others but I'll back them all one hundred percent and not focus on why some lad who had been hit and miss in a handful of games is not currently getting a look in, For what it's worth though I think his time will come next season.

I hope your right. Not even putting him on the bench though, with Cole and Weimann always there, personally a little harsh.

But being youth and English playing Grealish is doing Sherwoods rep much better than it would playing a unknown and we know Sherwood wants to build on his managerial reputation.

Are you being genuinely serious here pal? The only thing that I have seen from Sherwood since he arrived is a massive desire to see us stay in the Premier League and then to build from there. If he believed that Gil being in the team or on the bench would give us a better chance of doing that then he would be picking him.

I only dip in and out of this thread as quite frankly Gil not currently seeing any game time is of no concern to me. The lad has played a handful of Premier League games. Looked very good in a couple and totally bullied out of the game against Hull and Stoke.

I don't know why Sherwood isn't picking him but then I don't see the lad in training everyday and don't know how he is getting on as a 22 year old still settling in to a new country and new league. What I do know is that we are currently playing some cracking football, have just won two games against top six opposition and should for me have won the third, and that we have a manager and every single player getting game time giving every sinew to win every game between now and the end of the season. I can't speak for others but I'll back them all one hundred percent and not focus on why some lad who had been hit and miss in a handful of games is not currently getting a look in, For what it's worth though I think his time will come next season.

I hope your right. Not even putting him on the bench though, with Cole and Weimann always there, personally a little harsh.

Have you ever contemplated the idea that the issue is on Gil's side?

I won't go into the difference in the player because you are right, but are you comparing Ronaldo's worth to Madrid to Gil's worth to Villa?

Ronaldo has 300 goals in 300 games, Gil scored against Bournemouth once.

When did Gil become our greatest player, when did he become this top class player people think he is?

Maybe Tim doesn't think he is ready to be thrown in yet.

Maybe, just maybe, we have been scoring and creating plenty of goals without him.

Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to have a striker on the bench, instead of Zog, Cole and Gil who essentially play the same role?

Oy, Bournemouth have a decent chance of getting promoted. I think that's a bit more impressive than your fancy Spanish football and your Champions League. They actually nearly won Sheffield Wednesday the other day. Not many teams that can say that.

On that basis is he going to drop Benteke and play Hepburn-Murphy instead?

Grealish looks like he hasn't got the confidence!? Huh!?

He's been gliding past, and dictating the game against, some of the best midfielders in the Premier League for the past 3 games. If he had any more confidence his head would explode...

Â