New manager

reykjavik

No english, scottish etc managers, we've seen so many times how limited they are.

Our next manager needs to be from the continent who would bring new way of thinking instead of the stuffy and boring coaching style.

Possibly as disaster bringing in a manager with no premier league experience at this stage of the season
Yes, heaven forbid we should get lumbered with someone with no PL experience like Pochettino or Koeman.
As they would come here of course , we would end up with someone like pepe mel
My point is the whole 'must have PL experience' is an absolute load of tosh as is proven by the foreign managers currently in the PL doing a good job even though they had never managed in this league prior to coming here.

Yes, or Felix McGath or Pepe Mel. It's easy to pick Managers who are successful, after they are successful. Particularly when you are selective enough to ignore the failures.

Your snide comment applies to British managers too.

Its a little dilusional that all we get from Lerner is shite managers. Ok we had Mcleish, but at least lerner realised the first season it wasn't going to work. But previously we had O'neil when he was hot property, Houllier, ok didn't work out, but a top European manager and then Lambert who was again the next big thing although we know how that gonna end.

Its a little dilusional that all we get from Lerner is shite managers. Ok we had Mcleish, but at least lerner realised the first season it wasn't going to work. But previously we had O'neil when he was hot property, Houllier, ok didn't work out, but a top European manager and then Lambert who was again the next big thing although we know how that gonna end.

To be fair oneill was appointed by deadly

• Like 2

Whatever, we cant afford to employ 'another yes man' as lets be honest, that's why Lambert is still here! Herein lies the problem. Why would Lerner sack someone who is doing the perfect job for him? The perfect job being 'keep us in the PL on a shoestring whilst Randy pockets the sky money every season. I'm afraid this will continue until Lerner recoups most of his money. Sad state of affairs, I know, but thats it in a nutshell. Its either that or we go down and Lerner takes a hit on a potential sale. Not too much to look forward to then!

Taking things a step further.

Senario - Lambert takes us down

Lerner "Well done Paul" turns to Mr Fox "let the fire sale begin"

Lerner phones up PL & Sky "how much over the next few years?"

2016/7/8

Message on Face Book

For Sale

AVFC 10mill ono.

Call Tom

No english, scottish etc managers, we've seen so many times how limited they are.

Our next manager needs to be from the continent who would bring new way of thinking instead of the stuffy and boring coaching style.

Possibly as disaster bringing in a manager with no premier league experience at this stage of the season
Yes, heaven forbid we should get lumbered with someone with no PL experience like Pochettino or Koeman.
My point is the whole 'must have PL experience' is an absolute load of tosh as is proven by the foreign managers currently in the PL doing a good job even though they had never managed in this league prior to coming here.

Yes, or Felix McGath or Pepe Mel. It's easy to pick Managers who are successful, after they are successful. Particularly when you are selective enough to ignore the failures.

Snide or not, it applies to ALL managers! Moyes has managed under the same constraints previously, knows the league and has an eye for a bargain. Sounds perfect And the lowest risk IF we could prise him back from Spain.

Snide or not, it applies to ALL managers! Moyes has managed under the same constraints previously, knows the league and has an eye for a bargain. Sounds perfect And the lowest risk IF we could prise him back from Spain.

No more Scottish managers please. Our history with them is pretty crap.

I think my point is, nationality is irrespective.  Any replacement is a massive gamble and like any risk, you aim to mitigate them as best as possible.

For me, Moyes is the lowest risk for the reasons already stated.  I couldn't care if he is Scottish or Congolese.

Oneil signed because Ellis was going. He came cos he knew Ellis was off. Although Ellis was here when he signed. I know that oneil had been approached by Lerner and his team and agreed deal. Don't believe me if u don't want to but we had contact with lerners advisors and dinner with them night before takeover was announced officially. But yeah in a roundabout way Ellis signed oneil.

Oneil signed because Ellis was going. He came cos he knew Ellis was off. Although Ellis was here when he signed. I know that oneil had been approached by Lerner and his team and agreed deal. Don't believe me if u don't want to but we had contact with lerners advisors and dinner with them night before takeover was announced officially. But yeah in a roundabout way Ellis signed oneil.
Doesnt change the facts my friend , ellis was chairman for the first 6 weeks of oneills tenure

I don't think January is the right time to be changing manager, in the summer yes but not now. Lambert has avoided the drop before and there's no guarantee that a new manager would be able to do the same. I'm not happy with the situation at Villa, of course I'm not, however changing our manager at this point is not the answer IMO.

I don't think January is the right time to be changing manager, in the summer yes but not now. Lambert has avoided the drop before and there's no guarantee that a new manager would be able to do the same. I'm not happy with the situation at Villa, of course I'm not, however changing our manager at this point is not the answer IMO.

Usually, january is not the right time.  But everytime is right to sack Lambert.