• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

BBC: Lambert, "we were very good with the ball"

Errrrr ..... really ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sign of a manager who has lost touch with reality....the beginning of the end I think.

BBC: Lambert, "we were very good with the ball"

Errrrr ..... really ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I puzzle about whether this kind of statement is simple dishonesty or genuine failure to understand what has actually happened in the game.

Either way, it's an insult to the fans who have to put up with this rubbish.

• Like 1

Talk of the away fans fighting amongst themselves on Twitter. Grim day for the club all round.

Don't fans always fight amongst themselves on twitter?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I mean there were fights in the away end, according to some on Twitter.

Not seen or heard anything about the game other than the result, guessing we were awful judging by the comments on here.

How many shots on goal did we manage?

One. 

The reaction in here isn't about the result in the main, the result only hints at how bad the performance was.

I think we have gone horendously backwards in two years. This passing game is ok for teams who have the players to do it but its too slow, it doesn't suit our forwards and people can say what they like about Benteke but the service to him is dire.  Westwood the only player with any quality. 

Talk of the away fans fighting amongst themselves on Twitter. Grim day for the club all round.

Don't fans always fight amongst themselves on twitter?

Not sure if you're joking or not, but I mean there were fights in the away end, according to some on Twitter.

You did phrase it a bit weirdly. Currently watching Betis vs Tenerife - Betis being a side that have recently gone down despite being a top club for decades. Whole ground is singing despite the fact they're playing shit. If we did the same it might help, as difficult as it is. The whole club needs to change: the fans' attitudes, the owner, the manager and the players.

• Like 1

Yes there was trouble before, during and after the match. There were a couple of scuffles amongst Villa fans today and the atmosphere was toxic second half.

Leicester fans are scum - having a go at my 14 and 11 year old kids.

I've supported and defended Lambert but now something has to change. First half we were okay in possession but we were toothless up front. Their goal knocked the stuffing out of us and it was clear to all that we wouldn't salvage anything from the game. The Lambert out calls were the loudest I've heard and it seemed to affect the players.

Our biggest problem is the final third. Benteke is acting like a sulky teenager and Gabby is just dire. Gabby's performances of late sum up everything that is wrong about our club. He's robbing a living and how he deserves the captain's armband is beyond me. As one poster said earlier I doubt he'd get a game in any other team, he's technically awful and bone idle.

I've always said we'd be fine but we're in the brown stuff unless we improve the squad and/or change manager.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

Â