Sky advert from before the 1992/93 season. How many players can you name?

The_Rev

In roughly chronological order as they appear in the video: 

Gordon Strachan, John Wark, Dave Beasant.  Vinnie Jones front and centre in the Sky Sports logo shirt and Lawro in the white behind him in the same shot.  Peter Beardsley is one of the four guys leaning forwards in the close up shot.  David Seaman is the first man in colour.  Tony Daley looking camp in the shower lifting weights.  Bruce Grobbelaar rolling the ball along his shoulders. Tim Flowers and Neil Sullivan(?) handing the ball to each other.  Paul Stewart signing autographs. Peter Reid doing the Man City team talk.  John Barnes celebrating a goal.   I'm sure I've missed loads.  Is Stan Staunton in there near the beginning? 

Spotted Tim Sherwood, Gordon Strachan, John Salako, Anders Limpar, David Hirst and I think Gordon Durie. Will have to watch it again. Not sure I saw Steve Staunton though.

The beginning of the modern era. Football has changed so much in the past 20 years or so, for better or worse. That tag line of "A whole new ball game" is very apt. 

1:10... is that Jonathan Pearce commentating?

Yes. He was at Sky in the very early days.

I was surprised by how many I did recognise. I was only wee then. Bloody "alive and kicking" stuck in my head now.

I never knew that. I always thought his first football gigs were with Channel 5.

Pretty naive of me I guess, but I certainly didn't know he was ever with Sky

David Hirst the Sheff Wed striker after 1 second behind Strachan 

Spotted a Tim Sherwood after 4 seconds side profile shot.

Andy Richie the Oldham striker on 5 seconds I think.

Matt Le Tiss is the second guy in a sky shirt, 10 seconds

Beardsley and John Salako in a line up after 15 seconds

Ian Durrie top left in team photo 16 seconds along with Beardsley, Flowers and Strachan

Guy splashing his face looks like Andreas Limpar but not sure 

Getting a back rub at 30 seconds looks like Stuart Pearce

Darren Anderton doing sit ups and I assume injuring himself in the process

In the shot of the two keepers back to back the keeper with Flowers is Southampton reserve keeper Ian Andrews

Lou Macari driving the Porsche

Peter Reid doing a team talk

Barnes and Venison celebrating a goal

• Like 1

In roughly chronological order as they appear in the video: 

Gordon Strachan, John Wark, Dave Beasant.  Vinnie Jones front and centre in the Sky Sports logo shirt and Lawro in the white behind him in the same shot.  Peter Beardsley is one of the four guys leaning forwards in the close up shot.  David Seaman is the first man in colour.  Tony Daley looking camp in the shower lifting weights.  Bruce Grobbelaar rolling the ball along his shoulders. Tim Flowers and Neil Sullivan(?) handing the ball to each other.  Paul Stewart signing autographs. Peter Reid doing the Man City team talk.  John Barnes celebrating a goal.   I'm sure I've missed loads.  Is Stan Staunton in there near the beginning? 

wow, so so ghey

Â