Aston Villa Old Farts Club

Grasshopper

First Topic for me.

I thought I'd start one of interest as oppose to one that could come under the category of "....I came in here for an arguement........but you havent paid......oh yes I......"

I first went "down the Villa" (gewinn dowen tha Villaaa) the season we got relegated to Div3. Yes I cried and have hated Dave Mckay (spelling?), amongst others, ever since.

But the rise back to the top has given me many memories.

Anyone care to add anything?

feel free

My first game was a div 3 league match against Walsall - we drew 0-0.  I blame Houllier

That made me spurt my cup of tea out!! At last a thread where we can discuss and have a laugh and remines.., remimnes... look back at great old times and memories!

• Like 1

My first game was a div 3 league match against Walsall - we drew 0-0.  I blame Houllier

Me too

The entire Walsall team had French lessons at school

Sacre Bleu - Merd

I count as a youngster then as first Game was 79-80 Season against Ipswich 1-1 draw.

Have seen Villa play in the European Cup which is a bonus.

Got given when I was young all the programmes from 69-72 and 75-78.  I read all of them so I actually understand what you even older buggers are on about!

first game was the santos friendly,don't remember much but apparently i was more interested in trying to open those huge bags of crisps they used to sell than watching pele.good training for watching lamberts lions though  :P

I had a Paper round as teenager.

Had about 30 Sunday newspapers to deliver and remember adjusting the 2-0 defeat to Arsenal to a 2-6 victory in every copy.

Was told off by the boss then he laughed at me and told me not to do it again

• Like 1

What's the qualifying criteria for this club? Fairly sure I'm not as old or as farty as some. I doubt I can specify exactly when my first visit was but I'd guess it would have been '79/80.

Me too

The entire Walsall team had French lessons at school

Sacre Bleu - Merd

The sort of french lessons I wanted were ... no won't go there.....

• Like 1

Smells like Old Spice in here.

You sure it's old spice and not P**s - we are old after all (well I am older than all of you!!) note to self - change incontinence pants when you get home! ;)

What's the qualifying criteria for this club? Fairly sure I'm not as old or as farty as some. I doubt I can specify exactly when my first visit was but I'd guess it would have been '79/80.

You can be the mid fart club - us oldies were at the revolution!!!

• Like 1

First game was against Tottenham at home in October 1988 for my 9th birthday. I remember walking up the steps in the Upper Trinity and been awestruck by the beauty of the stadium and the pitch. We won 2-1. I'll have to dig out the vhs season review!

Naz some of us remember you as the younger firebrand on the Villa Email List :)

Aye - them were the days! AVISA, protest here protest there protest against Ellis every **** where! Pound Signs! Oh! how I miss them days!

To add was so proud of everyone during the £ sign protest - that was fan power at it's best because it did get us Angel! 

Mark Ansell did say it forced Ellis hand as it was about to stall!

• Like 2

Can't remember my first game. Daddoo used to take me when I were a wee nipper. I remember seeing Dick Edwards get jeered playing for Torquay against us, and Terry Venables playing for QPR.

I was at the Santos game too, first time in the seats.

Started going on my own in 1976, the really good times were about to happen.

I've gone to Villa Park in all weathers, when ill, when the wife was in bed ill, missed birthdays etc etc.

And now after 39 years I've not renewed. can't take any more of the current Lambert dross :(

But I'll be back one day :)

• Like 3

Naz some of us remember you as the younger firebrand on the Villa Email List :)

Aye - them were the days! AVISA, protest here protest there protest against Ellis every F***kng where! Pound Signs! Oh! how I miss them days!

To add was so proud of everyone during the £ sign protest - that was fan power at it's best because it did get us Angel!

Mark Ansell did say it forced Ellis hand as it was about to stall!

The pound sign stunt was the high water mark of the mailing list. Great stuff.
  • Like 2

First game was against Tottenham at home in October 1988 for my 9th birthday. I remember walking up the steps in the Upper Trinity and been awestruck by the beauty of the stadium and the pitch. We won 2-1. I'll have to dig out the vhs season review!

Very similar to me, mine was Tottenham at home around my 9th birthday but 2 years previous, lost 3-0 to a Clive Allen hat trick and of course went on to get relegated, seem to recall being taken to 4/5 games that season and not seeing us score a single goal, funny how things change ;-)

Â