Aston Villa finances YE 2014

jackbauer24

To the accountants:-

Strictly speaking, how much 'debt' are we in?

i..e if Lerner were a bank, how much money would be be liable to pay interest on?

Just thinking what would happen if we were bought by a bank similarly to when Liverpool were and were nearly plunged into a financial mess.

The reduction was due in part to a £33.2m increase in turnover to £116.9m and a £12.9m reduction in operating expenses to £121.7m, which resulted in an operating loss of £4.8m compared to £50.9m for the previous year.

Last year:

link from Birmingham Mail article

Turnover for the year ended May 31, 2013 was up £3.3m to £83.7m and operating expenses before exceptional items down £6.2m. The Club’s operating loss before exceptional items fell by £9.5m to £42.6m.

I'm being quite pernickety but it does annoy me when things like this occur thus making direct comparison between headline figures as per 'statements' a little tricky.

True.  I think we would be in a good position financially and keep most of the squad.  Obv the big names such as Benteke, Delph, Vlaar and Guzan may leave.

So that's even better news then as in my opinion Benteke & Delph have been atrocious this season, Vlaar has been absent or off form virtually for the whole season and Guzan has becoma a little error prone too though would be the biggest miss of that little lot. ...So if those four go that would create some good transfer funds and an even bigger hole in the wage bill than the one which will appear with the contracts of Bent, Nzogbia and a few others coming to an end!!

So we would actually be in a very good position financially you would think?.... Also surely we would still get a good windfall for this year from the TV money as we are a Premier League team this season and the money gets paid at the end of the season i believe?? So the Parachute payments would not be kicking in until the following year? This would surely give us a great chance to really go for it if we did go down which is looking likely of course.

To the accountants:-

Strictly speaking, how much 'debt' are we in?

i..e if Lerner were a bank, how much money would be be liable to pay interest on?

Just thinking what would happen if we were bought by a bank similarly to when Liverpool were and were nearly plunged into a financial mess.

I'm not an accountant, but I think the accounts said that we no longer have debt, but rather a positive asset balance of around 2.1m, following randy writing off that 90.1m

Â