Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

i wouldn't start gabby but like the rest of the team obe.gil has to start and be allowed a free no.10 role.bournemouth will knock the ball around,dare i say that it could be a good game if we go for it.

I can understand that with Gabby and we could play Grealish or N'Zogbia there I guess - but it looks like Grealish will be going out on loan and I don't think N'Zogbia is going to give us any more that Gabby so I'd leave him in there and see if Gil can get anything out of him. I'd be happy with Grealish there if available.

I'd prefer Weimann up top with Benteke and Bacuna on the right.

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
  Bacuna              Delph
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke

I'd go with something similar but wouldn't mind Lowton instead of Hutton and / or Baker for one of Okore / Clark

If Robinson and Grealish are still here at the weekend I'd like to see them get some time too

Edited by matrim

Given

Okore               Baker

Lowton                   Westwood               Ricahrdson

Bacuna              Gardner     

GIl

Wiemann           Benteke

Is he new? Sounds Dutch, interesting.

Yeah, he is Bacuna's mate :D

i guess we could have a different option on the wings by Sunday. I like the 4-2-3-1 with Delph and Sanchez holding, Gil the middle of the three and Benteke the lone front man, but it's those two wide positions that cause the trouble.

Weimann, Gabby, Grealish, N'Zogbia, Robinson, Cleverley or Richardson could have a go - I think everyone on that list has faults right now.

Given that Bournemouth rested about six players when they played Liverpool in the league cup quarter finals I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent number of their second string playing against us.

Regardless, we should be comfortably beating Bournemouth given our resources.

Whether we do or not we will see!

----------------Given------------------

Hutton--Okore---Baker---Cissokho

--------Sanchez---Delph------------

Weimann------Gil-------Agbonlahor

--------------Benteke----------------

I hope he goes for that team instead of picking an extra midfield player

I don't.

Weimann and Gabby playing wide hasn't worked for most of the season.

Anyone for 3-1-4-1-1?

Guzan
  Okore  Baker  Clark
        Sanchez
    Westwood Delph
Bacuna          Grealish
          Gil
        Benteke
  • Like 1

I don't.

Weimann and Gabby playing wide hasn't worked for most of the season.

It worked better against Liverpool. Maybe with Gil in there it can work. 

Going back to the ticket prices, surely even though the club have to agree a price, that doesn't mean they can't subsidise/pay for the tickets for ST holders? These are the people they are trying to convince to throw another £400+ away this summer, and based on what we have seen so far you'd think they'd be trying to sweeten the deal a bit.

On the game, I really see us as the underdogs and if we score I'll be impressed. Our only hope is them playing second string players and Gil and Benteke linking up well.

• Like 1

I live in Bournemouth and been speaking to a few season ticket holding mates this week.

Consensus seems to be that they are no great shakes at the back but pretty fluid going forward. Tend to out score most teams rather than clinically beat them. One of them said a player like Benteke could cause them all sorts of problems.

Sounds like we have pretty much opposite stengths and weaknesses so could make for an interesting game.

Well once again the fake claret & blues at West Ham get TV coverage and we get sod all.

I was really looking forward to seeing this one :angry:

You could buy a ticket and watch the game? Just a suggestion...

Where we struggle against lower league opposition (and indeed most teams) is when teams come to VP and sit back. Bournemouth seem to be very attacking and play with plenty of style and an attacking mindset. This will hopefully make the game more open - our best chance of ever creating chances is when there's an end-to-end feel to the play, if this is the case then I think we should be able to overcome them. When teams sit back against us we are utterly clueless and can only pass it sideways until we eventually revert to passing back to the Goose who will then eventually hoof it up field (or out of play) under pressure.

We could, quite easily get rolled over to be honest - but the more open the game is, the more I feel it'll help us.

Edited by roonst83