Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Not that Bournemouth need the help, but I think for FA Cup games both clubs make money. So it's not just Villa making a decision that only affects Villa. (If it's true.)

Yep I think both clubs have to agree a price and the away club get 25% of the gate proceeds. (Could be wrong on the percentage)

You are. Each club gets 45% with 10% in the pot.

was aware they got a cut , didnt know they had to agree a ticket price

i wouldn't start gabby but like the rest of the team obe.gil has to start and be allowed a free no.10 role.bournemouth will knock the ball around,dare i say that it could be a good game if we go for it.

I can understand that with Gabby and we could play Grealish or N'Zogbia there I guess - but it looks like Grealish will be going out on loan and I don't think N'Zogbia is going to give us any more that Gabby so I'd leave him in there and see if Gil can get anything out of him. I'd be happy with Grealish there if available.

• Like 1

Not that Bournemouth need the help, but I think for FA Cup games both clubs make money. So it's not just Villa making a decision that only affects Villa. (If it's true.)

Yep I think both clubs have to agree a price and the away club get 25% of the gate proceeds. (Could be wrong on the percentage)

You are. Each club gets 45% with 10% in the pot.

was aware they got a cut , didnt know they had to agree a ticket price

We discussed this in the ticket thread for the last round. We have to agree the prices with the other team within 7 days of the draw.

Given will start in goal surely?

Nailed on unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, he made a very good save to keep us in the game against Blackpool but he's pretty dodgy these days, especially against lower league teams. I don't think he inspires the same confidence in the defence in the same way that Guzan does.

• Like 1

i wouldn't start gabby but like the rest of the team obe.gil has to start and be allowed a free no.10 role.bournemouth will knock the ball around,dare i say that it could be a good game if we go for it.

I can understand that with Gabby and we could play Grealish or N'Zogbia there I guess - but it looks like Grealish will be going out on loan and I don't think N'Zogbia is going to give us any more that Gabby so I'd leave him in there and see if Gil can get anything out of him. I'd be happy with Grealish there if available.

Gabby should NOT even be on the bench and as Nzogbia, well the less said about that pointless excuse the better.  Playing them would be like trying to get an egg out of a cockerel!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

I'd prefer Weimann up top with Benteke and Bacuna on the right.

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
  Bacuna              Delph
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke

No excuses

Were playing Bournemouth not Barcelona

Comfortable win with more than one goal

they are 6 places below us

we should still beat them, I really really want to beat them

but they are 6 places below us

What's sad is a club like Bournemouth will have been happy to get us in the draw. They get their big day out to a Premier League side, and probably believe they can get a result out of it. Based on recent history, I couldn't fault them for it.

• Like 2

Really hope Gil starts this.

" Eddie Howe and his claret and blue army " , that is how the Holte should get it's message across . Remember Norwich ?

Yes, and remember who it is that we all want sacked right now? Howe is literally what Lambert was 3/4 years ago.

Literally? ;)

I jest.

I think we will win this...

What's sad is a club like Bournemouth will have been happy to get us in the draw. They get their big day out to a Premier League side, and probably believe they can get a result out of it. Based on recent history, I couldn't fault them for it.

There are probably almost a dozen Premier League clubs they would've been happy to get.

Given

Okore               Baker

Lowton                   Westwood               Ricahrdson

Bacuna              Gardner     

GIl

Wiemann           Benteke

Well once again the fake claret & blues at West Ham get TV coverage and we get sod all.

I was really looking forward to seeing this one :angry:

This has potential to be a really good contest, especially if Gil starts.

Given

Okore               Baker

Lowton                   Westwood               Ricahrdson

Bacuna              Gardner     

GIl

Wiemann           Benteke

Is he new? Sounds Dutch, interesting.

I'd prefer Weimann up top with Benteke and Bacuna on the right.

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
  Bacuna              Delph
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke

swap bacuna for westwood and that's our best 11 for me. 

4-2-3-1

Guzman

Cafu

Okore

Baker

Cissohko

Sanchez

Westwood

Bacuna(right)

Carles Gil (center)

Grealish (left)

benteke ( weimann if the beast is being idol bar steward again)

I would gladly pay to watch this team

under no circumstances do I wanna see cleverley or gabby in the squad