Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Richardson

Sanchez

Gil       Delph     

Weimann                 Grealish

Benteke

I normally berate Weimann but he linked up well with Gil against 'plop and a confidence boost would especially do him a world of good. I wouldn't even have Cleverley on the bench. 

100% agree. Wouldnt change a thing. You could even tinker with the formation if its not working without making substitutions. 

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Richardson

Delph     Sanchez 

Gil                             Grealish

Weimann   Benteke

Start playing with proper wingers if need be. I miss the days when Young and Milner would switch flanks and cause mayhem.

• Like 3

We should be looking at this as a chance to forget our woes in the league, and try and get in the scoring mood again. Easier said than done, but hopefully Lambo will let the shackles off, and play an attacking side, and not put 4 ******* centre midfielders in the side!

• Like 2

I really hope Gabby doesn't play. He's only good for us when other teams are really going at us and we need an outlet.

He has bags of pace as we all know but he lacks even a hint of intelligence in his runs and general play. I can't stand it when he drops deep into midfield, clogging up the 15 other players who are there. Then when he has the ball and someone makes a run, Gabby will either lose the ball or not see that there is a pass on.

Lambert needs to have the balls to drop him. Good player to have on the bench but just not a starter unless we're set up to counter attack.

I really hope Gabby doesn't play. He's only good for us when other teams are really going at us and we need an outlet.

He has bags of pace as we all know but he lacks even a hint of intelligence in his runs and general play. I can't stand it when he drops deep into midfield, clogging up the 15 other players who are there. Then when he has the ball and someone makes a run, Gabby will either lose the ball or not see that there is a pass on.

Lambert needs to have the balls to drop him. Good player to have on the bench but just not a starter unless we're set up to counter attack.

I think Bournemouth will have a go at us.. They are an attacking team. I'd play the three Benteke Weimann and Gabby with Sanchez, Delph and Gil in midfield. Lets have a go and stop being so defensive. We are in the entertainment industry and we are not entertaining anybody. We are now the butt of peoples jokes.

Edited by PaulC

----------------Guzan-------------------

Hutton---Okore---Clark---Cissokho

---Westwood---Sanchez---Delph---

----------------------Gil------------------

---------Weimann---Benteke----------

Or even

----------------Guzan-------------------

Hutton---Okore---Clark---Cissokho

N'Zogbia*---Sanchez---Delph---Gil

---------Weimann---Benteke---------

*Unless we sign a winger between now and next week, and assuming Grealish goes out on loan this week.

Edited by dAVe80

the upset here is if we win this

I think we'll lose

And yet you still fully support Lambert!! I hope we go full strength we need a cup run for confidence. If we lose I fear for our Premier League status. If we go on a run it could actually unite the club a bit and get some form. Our next 2 league games are a free throw but to lose this and both those going into the Hull game could be devasting for all.

What I like about Gil is he can play on either wing as well as in the middle so if any of the MF's I listed aren't performing, Gil could come right in and do the job.

Edited by maqroll

So,so many empty seats for this one on the ticket office page.  About half the crowd could be Bournemouth fans. When fans moan they can't get their ticket for the cup semi final I won't be that sympathetic!

This is where the club are pretty useless , why not let season ticket holders in free and charge a fiver for everyone else

• Like 1

Not that Bournemouth need the help, but I think for FA Cup games both clubs make money. So it's not just Villa making a decision that only affects Villa. (If it's true.)

Yep I think both clubs have to agree a price and the away club get 25% of the gate proceeds. (Could be wrong on the percentage)

Not that Bournemouth need the help, but I think for FA Cup games both clubs make money. So it's not just Villa making a decision that only affects Villa. (If it's true.)

Yep I think both clubs have to agree a price and the away club get 25% of the gate proceeds. (Could be wrong on the percentage)

You are. Each club gets 45% with 10% in the pot.