-------------Guzan------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

--------------Sanchez-----------

Bacuna------------------Westwood

--------Gil------------Grealish-----

--------------Benteke------------

Edited by chappy
  • Like 3

Think we should and will field a strong side. If we can score a goal (or even 2!) it'd improve the confidence of our players.

Benteke and Weimann up top, Grealish and Gil in behind. Sanchez and Delph sitting, with Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho as our defence. Given will most likely be in goal. After 60+ mins bring on Robinson for either Benteke or Robinson. We need some goals desperately. But I fear that we'll either lose without scoring, or just about score and progress (which is the most important thing).

Well if you saw the performance against the journeymen of Blackpool and i for one fell  asleep during it imagine what kind of game Bournemouth is going to be!!!!  They are miles better than us lets face the fact.  They may also be the club that replaces us in the Premiere League next season we have to acknowledge this as unpalatable as it sounds!!!!  

Bluntly, I hope we lose as we hardly need a cup run tiring players out. I know, I know, I'd love to win the FA Cup as well, but it has to be a season we're not in a relegation battle. We should play all the squad irregulars and see what happens, but obviously that'll never happen. 

Rubbish. I doubt 38 games and our massive 1 league cup  game has tired the poor lambs out that much. I want us to go as far as we can in the cup, to distract me from the mind-numbing tedium of seeing Villa try and come 15th again in the league.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Really hope Gil starts this.

" Eddie Howe and his claret and blue army " , that is how the Holte should get it's message across . Remember Norwich ?

Yes, and remember who it is that we all want sacked right now? Howe is literally what Lambert was 3/4 years ago.

Really hope Gil starts this.

" Eddie Howe and his claret and blue army " , that is how the Holte should get it's message across . Remember Norwich ?

Yes, and remember who it is that we all want sacked right now? Howe is literally what Lambert was 3/4 years ago.
I was thinking of it being more of an ironic chant , but what do I know ?

Bluntly, I hope we lose as we hardly need a cup run tiring players out. I know, I know, I'd love to win the FA Cup as well, but it has to be a season we're not in a relegation battle. We should play all the squad irregulars and see what happens, but obviously that'll never happen. 

If you want to lose a cup game do it at a later stage against a big team.

This should be seen as an opportunity to fix or at least work on the atrocious scoring record. If you'd like us to lose this then all hell is probably gonna break lose by a few games' time.

We'd easily be on another 5 game losing streak by then and as little as 3, 2 or even fewer goals scored in this run. Won't be a pretty sight then.

Bournemouth have only failed to score twice this season with the last time being a 0-0 draw back on 8th November so logic would suggest that they are quite likely to score against us which means we will then have to do something very alien to us this season and score at least twice in the same game if we wish to progress.

I don't expect us to progress.

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Richardson

Sanchez

Gil       Delph     

Weimann                 Grealish

Benteke

I normally berate Weimann but he linked up well with Gil against 'plop and a confidence boost would especially do him a world of good. I wouldn't even have Cleverley on the bench. 

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Richardson

Sanchez

Gil       Delph     

Weimann                 Grealish

Benteke

I normally berate Weimann but he linked up well with Gil against 'plop and a confidence boost would especially do him a world of good. I wouldn't even have Cleverley on the bench. 

Richardson at left back?

This game will turn our season around. A comfortable 2 or 3 nil win and into the 5th round. Will do our confidence alot of good with this convincing win!

Can't see it turning things around. I think any confidence gained will be smashed back out by arsenal and Chelsea.