Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I think we should go for our strongest side, try and have a good cup run, rather than it being a AV Reserves vs Bournemouth 1st XI.

I think we will play a semi-reserve side, with Given and a couple of the other lads that don't start as much, probably something like:

Given

Lowton Okore Clark  Cissokho

Delph   Sanchez

Bacuna              N'Zogbia

Benteke Weimann

Can't see us scoring more than 1 (if we can score at all), so if they score we've had it.

Edited by alreadyexists

Our strongest side probably IS the reserves.

Could be, but I think Hutton is better than Lowton, and Guzan is better than Given, and Gil seems better than N'Zog. The team I posted there is just a prediction of the side, not saying they're aren't all frequent starters because most are.

9/2 for Bournemouth to win and keep a clean sheet. Seems like good odds.

on paper maybe but I really do expect us to score and Bournemouth's priority is promotion so they will rest players. 

You would like to think that our survival status should be more of a priority than Bournemouths promotion push!

i wouldn't start gabby but like the rest of the team obe.gil has to start and be allowed a free no.10 role.bournemouth will knock the ball around,dare i say that it could be a good game if we go for it.

I can understand that with Gabby and we could play Grealish or N'Zogbia there I guess - but it looks like Grealish will be going out on loan and I don't think N'Zogbia is going to give us any more that Gabby so I'd leave him in there and see if Gil can get anything out of him. I'd be happy with Grealish there if available.

I'd prefer Weimann up top with Benteke and Bacuna on the right.

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
  Bacuna              Delph
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke

That would be my team as well, except that, I think Clark is still suspended!

i wouldn't start gabby but like the rest of the team obe.gil has to start and be allowed a free no.10 role.bournemouth will knock the ball around,dare i say that it could be a good game if we go for it.

I can understand that with Gabby and we could play Grealish or N'Zogbia there I guess - but it looks like Grealish will be going out on loan and I don't think N'Zogbia is going to give us any more that Gabby so I'd leave him in there and see if Gil can get anything out of him. I'd be happy with Grealish there if available.

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke
Clark was a one match suspension for 2 yellow cards wasn't it?

Guzan
Hutton  Okore  Clark  Cissokho
           Sanchez  
             Gil
      Weimann   Benteke
Clark was a one match suspension for 2 yellow cards wasn't it?

Sos, I think your right (hopefully)!

To be fair, Birmingham vs Baggies, Chelsea vs Bradford, Cambirdge Utd vs Manchester Utd, Liverpool vs Bolton, Man City vs Boro

There's plenty of games there that are way more interesting for the neutral and have upset potential

Well once again the fake claret & blues at West Ham get TV coverage and we get sod all.

I was really looking forward to seeing this one :angry:

You could buy a ticket and watch the game? Just a suggestion...

I would if I could! I work nights and live in Kent.

I'd have to work the night before, travel to Brum on the train, watch the game, come home and go straight back to work... making that a 36+ hour day. In fact, looking at the train times I'd actually be late getting to work after the game lol.

I love Villa, but I'm not going through that! :mellow: