The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

I'd be a little cautious with whoever any taken alive claim to be allied with. The nature of the beast is such that they can claim to do something under the banner of whatever group, it doesn't necessarily mean they actually had any real contact with them. They just buy into the brand.

If it is sometime with genuine links to ISIS, or the like, that can be shown, then that raises more interesting questions than some word removed claiming glory under a banner they want to be associated with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do we know this yet?

Or are you making a wild assumption?

Even if they are Muslims, does that make it right to condemn Islam as a religion because of a few idiots? (again, in the grand scheme of things, it is a few idiots committing these vile acts)

Even if not 'wild' it's still an assumption.

Even so, see point B.

The refugee camp in Calais being set alight in 'revenge' is just ridiculous. None of those people did anything wrong.

Some proper words removed in the world, regardless of religion.

Edited by StefanAVFC

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Suspect arrested, apparently claiming to be from isis

My balls must be crystal rather than hairy.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

My balls must be crystal rather than hairy.

You're right then.

Muslims are evil. Islam is evil.

6 million Muslims in France. As ChrisP said, shall we get them under house arrest now? Or just deport them in the morning?

Nonsense.

• Like 1

As impractical and impossible as it would be to just shut off borders of a number of European countries, I do wonder what effect it would actually have. It sounds crazy in this day and age to say 'our airports will no longer fly to countries W,X,Y&Z', but I do wonder what effect it could have on terrorist activity.

As you said Trent, terrorists are often already in the country they plan to attack, and I imagine a great deal of educating (brainwashing) happens online, but there also must be a decent percentage of people who travel with the sole intent to terrorise as well.

Obviously isolating select countries with 'no fly routes' would ultimately be pointing the finger, but if terrorism gets worse and worse, I would be in favour of just stopping all passenger flights to all destinations. I'm sure people would cope without their holidays for a few years, if it allowed countries to try to get a handle on their resident terrorists before tackling outside threats.

(I know it's pie-in-the-sky, but I'm just thinking out loud, before some smart arse proves to me why it couldn't happen).

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

As impractical and impossible as it would be to just shut off borders of a number of European countries, I do wonder what effect it would actually have. It sounds crazy in this day and age to say 'our airports will no longer fly to countries W,X,Y&Z', but I do wonder what effect it could have on terrorist activity.

As you said Trent, terrorists are often already in the country they plan to attack, and I imagine a great deal of educating (brainwashing) happens online, but there also must be a decent percentage of people who travel with the sole intent to terrorise as well.

Obviously isolating select countries with 'no fly routes' would ultimately be pointing the finger, but if terrorism gets worse and worse, I would be in favour of just stopping all passenger flights to all destinations. I'm sure people would cope without their holidays for a few years, if it allowed countries to try to get a handle on their resident terrorists before tackling outside threats.

(I know it's pie-in-the-sky, but I'm just thinking out loud, before some smart arse proves to me why it couldn't happen).

Even if you close ports and airports borders aren't closed particularly in Europe its completely impossible.

They can't just close the borders in europe though can they

Freedom of movement is one of the very principles the EU is built on is it not

I'll wait for a better solution then. I'm all ears. I hope something dramatic happens, because the way things are going, I fear that London or another British city could be one of the next to fall victim to this.

7 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Terrorists aim to spread hatred and division. The Islamic fundamentalist murderers know that these types of attacks will result in more division and discrimination against Muslims. This helps them to radicalise and recruit more future terrorists. They are winning and the West hasn't got a clue what to do about it.  :-(

I was about to post something very similar but you said it better.

Spot on.

• Like 1

Â