The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To people blaming refugees for attacks in Paris tonight. Do you not realise these are the people the refugees are trying to run away from?

Innocents getting killed is repulsive, no matter if the dead are people in Paris, Gaza or Afghanistan. You cant cherry pick your humanity.

Refugees are not responsible. Muslims are not responsible. Terrorists are responsible & it's them the problem lies with, not innocent people.

3 very, very good tweets that appeared on my timeline.

So even if they are Muslim fighters smuggled in with refugees, we can't say we have a problem with Muslims, nor refugees, they are just terrorists.

You can't talk of cherry picking and then come out with crap like this. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Sorry for the above post. The quoting sytem beat me. It's so bad.

Surely the Euros cant take place in France after this? You'd think it would be a target for this type of attack. I know if they do move it the terrorists are kinda winning by instilling fear into the public, but surely safety comes first?  

I wonder if Josh Homme is with EODM?

Josh Homme is with them yes.. guessing the whole band and crew have been taken hostage too then..

1 minute ago, av1 said:

So even if they are Muslim fighters smuggled in with refugees, we can't say we have a problem with Muslims, nor refugees, they are just terrorists.

As has been pointed out multiple times, there is as yet nothing to suggest the events this evening have anything to do with refugees or fighters smuggled in with refugees. Only wild assumptions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, av1 said: I worded that badly. I don't know WHO is responsible, but I think we all know that these are muslim fighters.

I don't see what we do with that piece of information though?

There are about 5,000,000 muslims in France. Do we refine that down to just dealing with murderous nutters, or do we put 5,000,000 under house arrest or ship them all out to Sudan?

We never shipped all the Irish out during the pub bombings, I think we just tried to find the bad guys. Same here, find the psychos and give them their martyrdom.

Very well put, good analogy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well, you can.

As Mooney said, it's like blaming every single person from Birmingham if a few Brummies shot somebody. The proportions are similar.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As has been pointed out multiple times, there is as yet nothing to suggest the events this evening have anything to do with refugees or fighters smuggled in with refugees. Only wild assumptions.

And this.

It suits people's political views to already place blame on people based on assumptions.

Lets wait and see before blaming Islam or refugees or whoever is next eh?

Disgusting scenes on SkyNews, showing live scenes from French television after the two gunmen had been killed and the hostages released. The pictures shown were just body after body after body carried into a van.

It's another sad day, and no doubt terrorists will think they are winning.

With France closing their borders, I started to wonder whether more countries should just close their borders too. Obviously it's not a long-term solution, but if you stop the extremists arriving then you're stopping one cause, at least.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

With France closing their borders, I started to wonder whether more countries should just close their borders too. Obviously it's not a long-term solution, but if you stop the extremists arriving then you're stopping one cause, at least.

Once again this assumes the extremists are imported, they may well be home grown as they were in London.

In this day and age countries closing borders is simply as impractical as it is impossible.

• Like 2

So it sounds like there are at least 6 different incidents, including two suicide bombings, another explosion at a bar, the restaurant shooting, the theatre siege and a shooting at a shopping centre.   Only two terrorists confirmed down so quite possibly still active shooters somewhere in Paris.

• Like 1

Â