The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

Religious (all religions) delusions. Scary how through the centuries, something fictional can drive so many people into doing such horrible things in the name of their own chosen belief. I don't get it.

Edited by Ingram85

I can't quote for some reason but yeah I do get offended as Christianity and Judaism are very similar to Islam so chances are it will be equally offensive in Islam.  I don't see the need to abuse a people or religion or country tbh. 

Your point about taking it on the chin is what I meant when I gave the example of the Prophet (pbuh).  He took abuse much worse aimed directly at him to his face. He never retaliated in such a way.

The reason non Muslim European people get so uncomfortable about that particular religion being critically examined is because most of its followers are not white. 

I'm not so sure about that. It's certainly a bit sweeping. I'm a white european, I can't say I've got any interest in what colour a muslim is.

But then, I guess I mustn't presume my thoughts are universally accepted, automatically true and violently right. We can all see where that leads today.

Yeah it upsets me to see our beloved Prophet (pbuh) ridiculed. It would also if it was any of the other prophets including Isa/Jesus (pbuh). Every Muslim should always defend his honor and the honor of the other prophets. But by following his teachings and practices, not killing people in his name. Muhammed (pbuh) was verbally abused and physically harassed on a regular basis in Makkah. Not once did he or his companions go and murder those who did such deeds.

" Can honour set to a leg? no: or

an arm? no: or take away the grief of a wound? no.

Honour hath no skill in surgery, then? no. What is

honour? a word. What is in that word honour? what

is that honour? air. A trim reckoning! Who hath it?

he that died o’ Wednesday. Doth he feel it? no.

Doth he hear it? no. ‘Tis insensible, then. Yea,

to the dead. But will it not live with the living?

no. Why? detraction will not suffer it. Therefore

I’ll none of it. Honour is a mere scutcheon: and so

ends my catechism."

(William Shakespeare, Henry IV Part 1)

I don't think it will achieve much.  You will see satirical cartoons and offensive cartoons more widely shared as a protest against what's happened.  People, rightly, will be horrified by what has happened and will want to take a stand in the name of freedom.

I very much doubt that the aim of this attack was to stop people publishing cartoons.

Your point about taking it on the chin is what I meant when I gave the example of the Prophet (pbuh). He took abuse much worse aimed directly at him to his face. He never retaliated in such a way.

He kinda did though, once he had the numbers. Islam was spread at the point of a sword (convert or die) by a bunch of psychotic Arab Bedouin who the Sheikhs wisely thought would be less trouble expressing their talents as far away from home as possible.

A glimpse at modern Saudi Arabia reveals that little has changed in that regard.

Don't mistake me as being anti-Muslim, I'm not. I do dislike the pussy footing around historical truths that occurs in order to avoid giving offence.

• Like 1

Horrific video of them executing a wounded policeman.

Evil personified.

I've just seen it on Sky, albeit edited. These are very highly trained people, not your casual lunatic.

Liveleak. It is horrible.

Description below. It's not nice (I am putting it in spoiler tags for obvious reasons!)

They take him down, walk towards him, he puts his hand up as if to say "please don't" and they take him out with one shot to the head

Edited by DK82

One thing I have never denied is that Islam is non-violent.  Islam does allow violence in self defence.  If someone wages war on you.  Further, Islam teaches us that there should be no compulsion in Religion.  I.e. no one should be forced to convert.

However what is said and actually done by its followers are two separate things. 

• Like 2

But hardly any of the Muslim community act or think like these monsters are.

Just because these people call themselves Muslim and are doing what they're doing under the guise of "Muslim" doesn't mean that's how 99.9999% of all Muslims think.

These people need a new banner "words removed".

Spot on!

Very good interview on BBC just now with a journalist on La Nouvelle Observateur. He made the point that this is an act of war by Islamic fascists, which will probably result in similar outrages by French fascists. True, and very depressing.

Yep the Le Pen gang are licking their lips right now. 

Your point about taking it on the chin is what I meant when I gave the example of the Prophet (pbuh). He took abuse much worse aimed directly at him to his face. He never retaliated in such a way.

He kinda did though, once he had the numbers. Islam was spread at the point of a sword (convert or die) by a bunch of psychotic Arab Bedouin who the Sheikhs wisely thought would be less trouble expressing their talents as far away from home as possible.

A glimpse at modern Saudi Arabia reveals that little has changed in that regard.

Don't mistake me as being anti-Muslim, I'm not. I do dislike the pussy footing around historical truths that occurs in order to avoid giving offence.

Cartoons are what they are. Cartoons. There is no death penalty for non-muslims for drawing a cartoon. Your depiction of history has nothing to do with it. I hate it when attacks like today is used to attack Islams and Muslims as a religion and group. Anyway, here is my interpretation of what you wrote. It has as little to do with today's attacks as your veiled attack on Muslims as a group.

Christianity was spread at the point of a sword (convert or die) by a bunch of psychotic Englishmen who the Kings wisely thought would be less trouble expressing their talents as far away from home as possible.

A glimpse at modern USA reveals that little has changed in that regard.

Don't mistake me as being anti-Christian, I'm not. I do dislike the pussy footing around historical truths that occurs in order to avoid giving offence.

Edited by momo

What mike said. Great post. People starving, being kidnapped, slavery, sexual assault, gap between rich and poor, homelessness etc... All of these things which demand our attention but no, we have wars and societies hating and fearing each other because of made up fictional set of stories designed to keep us in order when we were a less advanced people because stories told by preachers were an easier pill to swallow to a simpler mind.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

It's blind faith that is the dangerous thing. Blind faith in an ancient text and taking parts as being literally true to suit your agenda of intolerance and hate. These people cannot be argued with. People can still be religious and tolerant and most people are. I wonder what's stopping religious leaders from writing a 21st century version of their holy book to get rid of a lot of the loony bits, but I guess that would be admitting defeat.

Â