The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Another lucky escape at Brussels train station. suicide bomber blew himself up/burst into flames after being shot by police/soldiers, no other casualties reported

It's just further evidence that ISIS are targetting for recruitment the most vulnerable, pathetic people in society who have nothing else going for them, because if they had anything else going for them they'd be capable of killing at least 1 person in an attack.

What a shit effort.

Imagine all that time building yourself up to commit a terrorist attack and being the only person that is injured or dies.

Great work to the Police and soldiers for putting down the threat and the civilians who brought this to their attention and helped avoid any casualties.

• Like 2

There seems to be a fair few incidents in Brussels over the years. Is there any particular reason for that? I can't imagine it's Belgium's foreign policy?

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

There seems to be a fair few incidents in Brussels over the years. Is there any particular reason for that? I can't imagine it's Belgium's foreign policy?

I've read some stuff from various majors and workers in Belgium, and they have some areas of Brussels (and a couple of other towns) which have a massive problem with areas with high concentrations of muslim immigrants and refugees, which are also very poor, where there's racism and hate preachers and extreme islam recruiters - all the conditions for radicalisation.

18 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

What a shit effort.

Imagine all that time building yourself up to commit a terrorist attack and being the only person that is injured or dies.

He's not going to get the full 72 virgins is he.

He's gonna be stuck giving himself a dead hand for any sort of variety for the rest of eternity.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

I'm on a med cruise and was on Las Ramblas about 2 hours before this happened. Fortunately, we got blasted on Sangria and had to call it a day early and missed this atrocity. I'd spent the day thinking what a soft target the whole of Barca was. 

Needless to say, the mood on the ship is sombre. There's a lot of worried people, passengers and crew alike, hoping everyone makes it safely aboard. 

Wow your awfully fortunate. Stay safe mate

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

I'm on a med cruise and was on Las Ramblas about 2 hours before this happened. Fortunately, we got blasted on Sangria and had to call it a day early and missed this atrocity. I'd spent the day thinking what a soft target the whole of Barca was. 

Needless to say, the mood on the ship is sombre. There's a lot of worried people, passengers and crew alike, hoping everyone makes it safely aboard. 

Stay safe man. Disgusting what's happened yet again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Reports are now that the van has killed 10 people, as well as there being armed individuals holed up in a bar somewhere in Barcelona. 

Las Ramblas gets packed in the summer, it's easy to see how one van could kill loads of people, as well as the resultant panic.

Â