The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

It is a death cult, plain and simple, and by purporting to follow the purest form of Islam they have managed to reach out to disaffected people, usually stupid ones, who are looking for a cause because they don't have any other purpose in life. What they all have in common is not their warped version of religion, some are barely religious, it is that they are murderers and psychopaths. Anybody who thinks this is a problem helped by telling muslims to do more or worse, branding muslims as all the same are bigots and that applies to a few voices on this forum - and if you take offence at this statement then you know who you are.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, villakram said:

Some word coming out that some of the bodies at Bataclan were mutilated, all in accord with B.C. era war standard operating procedures. I can understand why this would not be publicized but I think it was quite naive of whomever it was in authority that decided to do this.

"According to this testimony, Wahhabist killers reportedly gouged out eyes, castrated victims, and shoved their testicles in their mouths. They may also have disemboweled some poor souls. Women were reportedly stabbed in the genitals – and the torture was, victims told police, filmed for Daesh or Islamic State propaganda."

http://heatst.com/uk/exclusive-france-suppressed-news-of-gruesome-torture-at-bataclan-massacre/

Right, I don't understand this. How can that be useful propaganda? If you're an ISIS 'soldier' watching that, perhaps a more moderate type, how can you not be repulsed? Surely they can't ALL be so far gone as human beings that they think this kind of behaviour is fine, that it's all part and parcel of war? 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right, I don't understand this. How can that be useful propaganda? If you're an ISIS 'soldier' watching that, perhaps a more moderate type, how can you not be repulsed? Surely they can't ALL be so far gone as human beings that they think this kind of behaviour is fine, that it's all part and parcel of war? 

And if anybody bothers to look at the facts rather than allowing themselves to be engrossed by gory embellishments of the truth they will see in any professional article on this subject that no sharp weapons were found at the bataclan and that these injures were sustained from shrapnel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And if anybody bothers to look at the facts rather than allowing themselves to be engrossed by gory embellishments of the truth they will see in any professional article on this subject that no sharp weapons were found at the bataclan and that these injures were sustained from shrapnel.

So it's western propaganda?

No need to get shitty by the way. The point still stands, they seem to love a good beheading. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So it's western propaganda?

No need to get shitty by the way. 

No it's human nature to seize on a tragic incident and add fictitious detail - why people do this I do not understand. Sorry for the shitiness, I usually don't bother with anything serious that isn't villa on VT, but I have found myself drawn to this thread since witnessing the awful events on Thursday through Twitter and reaction on this thread has revealed a genuine cross section of bigotry and idle opinion and it's just not good enough in my opinion which is why I'm bothering to post. 

Edit - And in danger of stating the bleeding obvious, nobody is defending these murderous jerks, nobody is saying that they aren't evil, nobody has failed to shed a tear for the execution of the adults and children in Nice, but we do not need to react in such a way as to make things worse because that is exactly what these feckers want. 

Edited by Jareth

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No it's human nature to seize on a tragic incident and add fictitious detail - why people do this I do not understand. Sorry for the shitiness, I usually don't bother with anything serious that isn't villa on VT, but I have found myself drawn to this thread since witnessing the awful events on Thursday through Twitter and reaction on this thread has revealed a genuine cross section of bigotry and idle opinion and it's just not good enough in my opinion which is why I'm bothering to post.  

I really haven't seen any evidence of bigotry in this thread and there are actually some very well informed contributors to the thread.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You are also coming at this from the position of being ill informed, to be fair. You're assuming these reports to be untrue.

Regardless, ISIS have a penchant for brutality. I'm not sure that can be denied. 

I'm not sure you can accuse me of bigotry? I don't actually give a shit what religion they claim to be except in the sense of understanding them and their motives. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You are also coming at this from the position of being ill informed, to be fair. You're assuming these reports to be untrue.

Regardless, ISIS have a penchant for brutality. I'm not sure that can be denied. 

I'm not sure you can accuse me of bigotry? I don't actually give a shit what religion they claim to be except in the sense of understanding them and their motives. 

I wasn't. And counter to the usual nature of VT I'm also not going to argue the toss for the sake of it and say that ISIS are not brutal murderers.

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

ISIS potentially using brutal torture methods isn't exactly hard to believe is it?

It's not as if they don't have previous.

This debate is not pivoting on whether ISIS are evil, it is about people's reaction to these events.

37 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And if anybody bothers to look at the facts rather than allowing themselves to be engrossed by gory embellishments of the truth

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They have managed to reach out to disaffected people, usually stupid ones

What professional paper told you that?? 

Seems to me, your telling people to stick to the truth, whilst casting your own assertions.

Just now, Ryan. said:

What professional paper told you that?? 

Seems to me, your telling people to stick to the truth, whilst casting your own assertions.

I shouldn't have posted, I'm not interested in your opinion, these threads are for discussion and I realise I'm not keen to discuss this subject anymore.

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

Unfortunately the reason their religion gets mentioned is because these murderers are doing their terror in the name of Islam, in support for an Islamic caliphate. They are repeatedly killing people directly for not being Muslims, not being able to recite the Koran. It is Islamic terrorism.

Being careful, it is not true to say they are nothing to do with Islam. They are and that's a problem. However somehow blaming, as you say, 1.6 billion peaceful Muslims for the deeds of others is totally wrong.

One thing I would add to that is that they kill a hell of a lot of Muslims too. We are all united against ISIS and any terrorist organisation. 

• Like 1

The point that needs to be made - over and over again - is that Muslims represent the majority of victims of ISIS. For it's Muslims who were murdered last weekend in repeated bomb blasts in Baghdad, Muslims who are driven from their homes and attacked when ISIS move into an area, and ISIS bombers kill indiscriminately, not worrying about the religion of their victims at all. Take a look at the list of victims of the Nice attack:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/15/who-were-the-nice-attack-victims-bastille-day-dead

. . . and note the number of people and names of North African descent. 

• Like 1

Â