The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

I'd still be interested in any serious answers to my earlier 'what makes one old book of prophecy better than another?' post. It might have already been asked in the religion thread but I feel it's time to debate it again so I'll copy it over to there. Apologies in advance if that's not the done thing on VT.

13 hours ago, limpid said:

You've been here over nine years. You tell us :D 

Etiquette has never been my strong point and I'm never quite sure whether rules 'are rules' or 'are there to be broken'! :D

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

Etiquette has never been my strong point and I'm never quite sure whether rules 'are rules' or 'are there to be broken'! :D

That's why the guidelines clearly tell you to PM a mod if you aren't sure :) 

16 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's why the guidelines clearly tell you to PM a mod if you aren't sure :) 

Guidelines? I thought being a bloke meant never reading instructions. Probably why my IKEA wardrobe looks like a spice rack.

I'll take the current lack of corrective action as a sign I've not transgressed on this occasion. :)

• Like 1

I found this to be a powerful clip.

A child survivor from Fallujah displacement camp.

Fallujah Survivors: The Children Who Escaped War (Part 1)

This is one of the children we met in the #Fallujah displacement camps, hours after she and her family escaped #ISIS. Our hearts break for her. She has lost so much. But because of you, she is not alone or forgotten. #LoveAnyway

Posted by Preemptive Love Coalition on Tuesday, July 12, 2016

for **** sake... guessing its ISIS or some similar ****-nut in nice?  i really feel for the french :(

30 dead, 100 injured. someone drove a lorry into the Bastille celebration,

Edited by tomaspg

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The driver got out of the truck and started shooting people.

From what I've seen and heard of the coverage and reporting that is disputed.

Edit: Then again there are reports of hostage situations elsewhere so there may have been other bods but it all sounds, unsurprisingly, very confused.

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

From what I've seen and heard of the coverage and reporting that is disputed.

You may be right on that point, cuz the windshield of the truck was riddled with bullet holes, so he may have been shot while still in the truck.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

You may be right on that point, cuz the windshield of the truck was riddled with bullet holes, so he may have been shot while still in the truck.

To be fair, it's bound to be a very confusing and disorientating situation for anyone there so anything definitively correct might be a while in coming.

Â