The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

Julien Pierce, a Europe 1 journalist who was inside the Bataclan, has described what he saw:

"Several armed men came into the concert. Two or three men, not wearing masks, came in with what looked like Kalashnikovs and fired blindly on the crowd. It lasted between 10 and 15 minutes. It was extremely violent and there was panic. The attackers had enough time to reload at least three times. They were very young."

One of the attackers at the Bataclan has explosives, according to a Liberation journalist quoting a police officer at the scene.

EDIT: from the BBC btw

Edited by VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

People tweeting from the Bataclan that they're being executed one by one. If that's the case then I hope it is being stormed immediately.

Police reported to be storming it.

Are people tweeting from inside?

Yes I'm seeing them in a search of all tweets for Bataclan.

Hardly.

I'm not the one labelling and condemning an entire religion of billions because of a few whackjobs (and yes, it is still a few in the grand scheme of things)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

There really isnt any explanation for events like these. It just makes you give up on the world. 

The question is, how do the security services stop these? When they are planning to hijack a plane it takes a lot of planning. This, it seems, is just a small group of cells that get guns and wreck havoc. It's almost an impossible job to identify these plans. 

My thoughts are with the families of those who have loved ones that will not be coming home tonight and that they will not see again. How can those who have done this evil to innocents see it as being in any way justified?      

1 minute ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

There really isnt any explanation for events like these. It just makes you give up on the world. 

The question is, how do the security services stop these? When they are planning to hijack a plane it takes a lot of planning. This, it seems, is just a small group of cells that get guns and wreck havoc. It's almost an impossible job to identify these plans. 

It isn't though, that is the thing a lot of these sort of attacks have been foiled in this country.

1 minute ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

True lone wolf attacks are impossible to stop, but when there are two or more people involved there will be communication some sort. That's where you have some chance and can start to pick away at the threads. GCHQ are very VERY good at what they do, I'm grateful for that.

• Like 4

Just now, TrentVilla said:

It isn't though, that is the thing a lot of these sort of attacks have been foiled in this country.

I realise that, but it just makes me wonder what/how we know when french security services dont? It must be so difficult to identify, and i can only assume that there is a worrying number of these plans all at once. 

On a side note, ive always been amazed that football stadiums arent targeted? Security is surprisingly lapse considering the density of people and publicity. 

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

CNN say the bombs near the stadium were suicide bombs

I'm amazed they weren't inside the stadium.

You'd like to think they wouldn't have got in which might be why they didn't try.

Â