The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They haven't even established who did it yet have they ?

i suspect Farage is right in so much the way some French people appear to have blamed Hollande for the attacks on Fench soil ,Merkel will probably end up taking the fall on this one (assuming it turns out to be what everyone assumes it is )

but that's not excusing Farage for thinking he's Katie Hopkins and trying to incite hatred 

A man from Pakistan with a history of petty crime, been in Germany for circa 12 months according to German news.

Just now, blandy said:

A man from Pakistan with a history of petty crime, been in Germany for circa 12 months according to German news.

Thanks

I heard around 22:30 on the news one German outlet were saying that but hadn't seen it confirmed , presumably they will be going with the Muslim terrorist attack line then ?

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Thanks

I heard around 22:30 on the news one German outlet were saying that but hadn't seen it confirmed , presumably they will be going with the Muslim terrorist attack line then ?

The website I looked at said no record of terrorist activity, but it was basically just being cautious ( as it should ) not to go beyond what they had established, which is that the man controlling the truck was a 23 yr old Pakistani who lived in a refugee shelter and had initially been thought to be Afghani. Petty crim, multiple identities or nicknames was the sum total of it. Oh and that the actual genuine legal polish driver of the truck was dead inside it.

If that is the case it's headed towards a similar story. Young bloke with a questionable background suddenly becomes a radical. Main difference being a Pakistani background.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Calling an anti-fascist group supporting hope, not hatred, 'an extremist group' then using that to attack a widower whose wife was killed by an extremist is gobsmacking of Farage.

Even for him that's disgraceful. He's so dangerous too as the millions who hang on his every word will think that Hope, not Hate are an extremist group, rather than a group trying to remove advertising from rags inciting hatred.

EDIT: Getting mixed up with HopeNotHate and StopFundingHate. Same message though.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I am a very easygoing, nonviolent person. But I would genuinely love to punch Farage in the face. 

If you use a length of 2x4 perhaps he won't get up again?

You don't have to be Nigel Farage to draw a link between the influx of refugees, and increasing numbers of terrorist attacks across the continent.

How many europeans have to die in their own country before we start to rethink our approach to helping refugees?

If the choice is letting in a million refugees of which a handful might want to kill westerners, or setting up camps somewhere outside our borders and providing food, water and shelter, I know what I'd pick.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You don't have to be Nigel Farage to draw a link between the influx of refugees, and increasing numbers of terrorist attacks across the continent.

How many europeans have to die in their own country before we start to rethink our approach to helping refugees?

If the choice is letting in a million refugees of which a handful might want to kill westerners, or setting up camps somewhere outside our borders and providing food, water and shelter, I know what I'd pick.

It isn't pointing out the link here that is a major issue. Also, yes, there's a link but it isn't the only link. People coming into European countries + right wing rhetoric against Muslims + ISIS losing ground = rising terrorist attacks in Europe.

Going back to my first point, it's 100% political point scoring by Farage. Then when called out on it, he attacks a widower of an MP killed by an extremist; whom could have easily been fueled by Farage's views; calling Cox an extremist for supporting an anti-fascist group.

My fear is that there are millions and millions are people who think we should totally shut down borders because of a tiny, tiny minority of these extremists. Doing this would just cause more division, anger and fuel more extremism.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yes there have been attacks by migrants and it is and will continue to be a huge issue for the security services. However there are also issues with attacks by non migrants who have been radicalised at home.

Migration is a factor, unquestionably but even without it there would be an issue.

• Like 1

In the 1970s there was a spate of bombings in England by the Provisional IRA. Perhaps that wouldn't have happened if we'd prevented Irish people coming in to live here? Maybe sent the ones who were here back to where they came from. At least the Catholics, they were the bad'uns. 

Or, perhaps not... 

One of the things that annoys me most is this **** perspective that refugees from Syria are coming from a 3rd world country.

"HOW COULD THEY HAVE SMART PHONES!?!?" as an example

Syria was a fairly affluent country. It's not some 3rd world hell hole. People aren't just leaving there for the sake of it. There are definitely aspects of people blending in with genuine refugees to get into Europe, for whatever purpose, but to completely dismiss all refugees based on that is awful.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. We were leaving the UK in droves and 3/4 terrorist attacks by either British refugees, or people masquerading as British refugees stopped the world from helping us. The same people who are offering up vicious opinions again genuine refugees now would be up in arms that they aren't being helped. In a closer to home example, Brexit voters being angry at being called this and that for the opinions of some. It's exactly the same **** thing.

As a country, we are completely incapable of self-awareness. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In the 1970s there was a spate of bombings in England by the Provisional IRA. Perhaps that wouldn't have happened if we'd prevented Irish people coming in to live here? Maybe sent the ones who were here back to where they came from. At least the Catholics, they were the bad'uns. 

Or, perhaps not... 

Couldn't have done that, we would have been short of one of the vital elements of most 1970's jokes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Then when called out on it, he attacks a widower of an MP killed by an extremist; whom could have easily been fueled by Farage's views

Havent you sorta commuted the same sin as Farage here by linking 2 events that aren't related 

Â