2015 Asian Cup

TRS-T

Clever of China to leave Cahill unmarked for that header. As if they had no idea he's a bit handy at headers!

China were truly awful all round for the most part.

Bit harsh on the defenders, tbh. The cross came quickly, picked out Cahill perfectly and he was a long way from goal.

Timmy Cahill... we were linked with him once. Bloody Doug!

Just catching up with these results...Japan going out this early is a shocker.

I've long thought that they could win the World cup one day....o.k in 20-30 years time but even though a lot of their players are established at european clubs now like Honda rather than just selling shirts they seem to have stagnated at international level.

Just catching up with these results...Japan going out this early is a shocker.

I've long thought that they could win the World cup one day....o.k in 20-30 years time but even though a lot of their players are established at european clubs now like Honda rather than just selling shirts they seem to have stagnated at international level.

they produce a lot of neat and tidy footballers but thats really it at the moment, not enough dirty grinder players at the back or in midfield

Have fun LL wish i could have gone to one of these matches but the FFA saw fit to avoid Perth completely for the tournament.

Not quite...

From The Age article - 

Asian Cup 2015: Lack of faith in soccer an embarrassment for Melbourne

"The budget for staging the competition was $75 million, with state and federal governments contributing $61 million in a 50-50 split.

The only governments interested were those in Queensland, Victoria, NSW and the ACT.

The reason there were no Asian Cup matches in South Australia or Western Australia is not down to some inexplicable set the organisers took against those two states, but simply that those governments did not want to invest the money to put on matches or upgrade stadiums to the standards required to stage games, perhaps reasoning that the interest would not be there, especially if the Socceroos were not scheduled to play in Perth or Adelaide."

• Like 1

Â