Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Scott Sinclair led a clean sweep of awards for Celtic as he was named PFA Scotland's player of the year.

Sinclair, 28, has scored 25 goals in his debut season as the Scottish champions chase a domestic treble.

He beat team-mates Moussa Dembele and Stuart Arm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39839913

The SPL has been through some tough times in recent years, losing that 2nd Champions League place, the loss of the TV deal, Rangers being kicked out the league, losing top talent such as Gazza, Laudrup and Larsson if we go way back, the continued struggle in Europe, Celtic losing to minnows from Gibraltor in the CL qualifying stages, the one horse race, Celtic winning the title at a canter for the past half a decade.....but I don't think anything is as damning as having a player or a character (that word is used loosely)  like Scott Sinclair win your leagues player of the season award.

• Like 3

It's either a pub league or he was one of the very worst lazy money grabbing words removed we had last season who played well under his ability and robbed a living whilst here

id happily accept that it's both but would refuse to believe its neither, it's certainly not because Celtic are some wonderful mythical club or because Rodgers is a genius

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's either a pub league or he was one of the very worst lazy money grabbing words removed we had last season who played well under his ability and robbed a living whilst here

id happily accept that it's both but would refuse to believe its neither, it's certainly not because Celtic are some wonderful mythical club or because Rodgers is a genius

It's the first one. 

• Like 1

Congrats to Scott. Regardless of the quality of league, it is still very impressive to be named the best player. As a footballer, he seems happy to be in Scotland which is helping Scottish football. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Congrats to Scott. Regardless of the quality of league, it is still very impressive to be named the best player. As a footballer, he seems happy to be in Scotland which is helping Scottish football. 

Agreed, I'd congratulate Scott in the same vein that I congratulated my mate for being Festival League Premier One player of the season. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:11, Zatman said:

He wouldnt have got 5 goals in the Championship. Think Rodgers has even called for him to get an England call-up :lol:

On reflection I Think he would have done well in this division but fair play to him he has resurrected his career at Celtic. 

the problem is the delusion of celtic fans on social media means that i cant actually feel any joy for him doing well, had a good season for them scored a lot of goals won the league won best player and he's suddenly top class and good enough for england and worth £20m for the likes of arsenal or man utd :rolleyes:

much like how anyone half decent in the prem is world class and good enough for real madrid

On 5/8/2017 at 08:11, Zatman said:

He wouldnt have got 5 goals in the Championship. Think Rodgers has even called for him to get an England call-up :lol:

You know what? they called up Defoe recently at 48 or however old he is. 

Didn't Sutton play for England when he was at Celtic? (before he sulked and went on strike)

Sinclair is buzzing with confidence - maybe it's a madcap enough to work. He doesn't have the relentless spotlight of "the best league in the world"(TM SKY TITS) like a lot of the young English players do. The English lads get panned in the press if they don't win 87-0. Sinclair would be removed from that (to a certain degree) and could go and score 4/5 goals in a bog in Forfar the following week.

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't Sutton play for England when he was at Celtic? (before he sulked and went on strike)

Sinclair is buzzing with confidence - maybe it's a madcap enough to work. He doesn't have the relentless spotlight of "the best league in the world"(TM SKY TITS) like a lot of the young English players do. The English lads get panned in the press if they don't win 87-0. Sinclair would be removed from that (to a certain degree) and could go and score 4/5 goals in a bog in Forfar the following week.

And as soon as he comes up against a defence which isn't league one caliber he'll get shut out and do absolutely **** all other than his invisible man impersonation. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Have to agree with the good Doctor here, Sinclair is just a flat track bully to me.

His early good season form last year consisted of 5 goals against Notts County (two penalties) and 2 against an awful Sunderland team (one penalty). As soon as he came up against a Chelsea or Liverpool he was clueless like the rest. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 00:45, TheAuthority said:

I don't think he's good enough for international football. We do have  limited options there thought with only Kane and Vardy and the emerging Rashford. any good. 

• 1 year later...

Yeah I was wondering what happened there. Not so long ago he was ripping it up there and people were using it as evidence we shouldn't have sold him etc. I even heard some idiot on the radio saying he should be in the England squad...

Whenever I've had a look at Celtic's team in last year he always seems to be a sub.

On 25/10/2018 at 23:50, Zatman said:

Garbage gutless player. would struggle in the Championship

He's on a short list of the most 'pathetic players I've ever seen'. He's a pathetic excuse for a footballer and should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. The ultimate con artist.

Â