Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

There's a decent player in there but just too damn inconsistent and prone to disappearance. Maybe he should fully convert to striker, he didn't seem to have the discipline for the position but he's a good finisher. 

Anyway, good move all round. Should do well for Celtic 'cause the defences up there ain't gonna be too great and Celtic are going to be dominating against most of them which'll keep him involved. And we've done well to get some money for him and shift another player who is strongly associated with the horror of last season (even if not the worst culprit)

That's 8 players from last year's squad moved on now (Richardson, N'Zogbia, Guzan, Clark, Gueye, Sinclair, Crespo, Gil), along with a few youngsters.  

Expect Veretout, Sanchez, Lescott to find their way out by end of month, maybe one or two others (can't see we'll keep all three of Amavi, Bennett and Cissokho, for example) and then with a few coming in, we'll really start to feel like we've started fresh.

Edited by switters
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, switters said:

There's a decent player in there but just too damn inconsistent and prone to disappearance. Maybe he should fully convert to striker, he didn't seem to have the discipline for the position but he's a good finisher. 

Anyway, good move all round. Should do well for Celtic 'cause the defences up there ain't gonna be too great and Celtic are going to be dominating against most of them which'll keep him involved. And we've done well to get some money for him and shift another player who is strongly associated with the horror of last season (even if not the worst culprit)

That's 8 players from last year's squad moved on now (Richards, N'Zogbia, Guzan, Clark, Gueye, Sinclair, Crespo, Gil), along with a few youngsters.  

Expect Veretout, Sanchez, Lescott to find their way out by end of month, maybe one or two others (can't see we'll keep all three of Amavi, Bennett and Cissokho, for example) and then with a few coming in, we'll really start to feel like we've started fresh.

richards is still here

19 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Decent bit of business by us there.

No ill feeling towards Sinclair, after he got those 5 goals early on last season I thought we had made a rather crafty purchase. Sadly it didn't prove to be the case.

I'll always have a slight soft spot for him purely for this moment (apologies for the lack of sound and disgusting scenes following the strike)....

In the last 5 seasons, those 10 or so games with Sherwood in charge remain the only positive memory I have of being a Villa fan! Frightening isn't it?

As for Sinclair, he looked good when he came, started last season well and then fell of the face of the Earth. He was the invisible man last season. I wish him well purely for the Baggies goal here. 

• Like 1

On the bench today. 

I think he'll do well in that league. Kris Commons scored 32 one season for Celtic! Sinclair could have a field day there 

Â