• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Terrible game. Played the same way as the last game, it didn't work then and it didn't work today. Loads of Lambert out chants now. Something nice needs to change big time. Making loads of passes and having high possession with no end product just isn't working.

I heard one person shout it in the concourse afterwards. Absolutely nothing else.
  • Like 1

We won and we kept a clean sheet. That'll do for me.  Good to get a late goal aswell and hopefully that will give them a boost going into the Leicester game.  Where was Gabby today?  He was only back from suspension so not like he needed a rest.  Good save from Given and it's about time Benteke took one of his chances even if the keeper looked like he dived out of the way of the ball.

Terrible game. Played the same way as the last game, it didn't work then and it didn't work today. Loads of Lambert out chants now. Something nice needs to change big time. Making loads of passes and having high possession with no end product just isn't working.

I heard one person shout it in the concourse afterwards. Absolutely nothing else.
I definitely heard Lambert out chants after about 70-75 minutes.
  • Like 1

Dreadful game. Dreadful performance. This new tactic makes us so slow and laboured. If we can only beat Blackpool with a moment of quality from Benteke, surely Lambert has to change something for our next Prem game. Longball worked better than this.

Were you wearing a motorbike helmet? There were definite, and loud, Lambert Out chants.

There were also chants of 'getting sacked in the morning' and 'we want our Villa back'. I was in the Upper Holte.

• Like 4

Southampton also drew against lower league opposition. But Lambert is the worst manager ever.

;)

Ah but we are not just looking at this game in isolation are we? I think a poor performance in this game could be forgiven if we were doing a bit better overall. But we are not doing so well overall, are we? We are all glad we won (although it does sound like yet another dreadful performance and a lucky win).

Hey guys, it may come as a bit of a surprise that I am not the biggest fan of Lambert but today we won in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a lower league side which often turns out to be an upset (see QP

The time to praise or criticise Lambert should be linked to our performances/results in the Premier League as this is where opinions can often be backed up by facts.

Let's give the guy a break today.

No .

Fair enough but sometimes it is just nice to know when you have a strong case and when you don't.
A strong case ? The jury wouldn't even retire to consider the verdict , such is the overwhelming evidence .
  • Like 1

Where from?

I was sat in the Doug Ellis Upper, sounded like it was coming from the Holte.

Yeah, I was in lower north and there were loads of people around me chanting for Lambert out. Few minutes before the goal there was a out "we want Lambert out" chant from the holte.

• Like 1

goal is on the bbc site, good goal tbh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/30638606

click highlights is there

That link doesn't work, try this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30614386

He's hit it hard, but that looks like awful goalkeeping. 

Hard to tell from that angle though.

My view is we're not going to win the cup so let's just enjoy the win and hope for the easiest draw possible in the next round.

Dreadful performance by the lads tbh. Too slow, too predictable.

Benteke's turn and shot was good but the keeper should have kept it out. Given made a good save just before, other than that it was a classic 0-0.

Let's just focus on Leicester. Big three points if we were to take them that would be a big psychological boost as it pull us away from Leicester and a few of the others.

Â