• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I've ignored the posts of 8 members and it turned out to be one of the best match day threads I've read. As for the game, just like absolutely everyone else I didn't watch it so it would be moronic of me to suggest anything either way.

Wish we could block out the performances from Villa.

Hey guys, it may come as surprise that I am not the biggest fan of Lambert but today we won in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a lower league side which often turns out to be an upset (see QPR).

The time to praise or criticise Lambert should be linked to our performances/results in the Premier League as this is where opinions can often be backed up by facts.

Let's give the guy a break today.

Seriously.

:thumb:

• Like 2

I've ignored the posts of 8 members and it turned out to be one of the best match day threads I've read. As for the game, just like absolutely everyone else I didn't watch it so it would be moronic of me to suggest anything either way.

Go read the quotes from the BBC website and you'll see they agree with the people you blocked. Oh wait, you can't read this.

#headinthesand

Bright side: Another clean sheet and we actually managed a goal.

Other than that it sounded like the same old crap. We don't seem to create any chances and we were saved by Benteke.

Listened to the game on AVTV, and it was pretty dismal from an entertainment point of view, but we've kept another clean sheet and avoided a cup exit (or midweek reply at their ground), so I'm satisfied.

As for Benteke 'saving Lambert's arse again', Lambert bought him and it's his job to score goals. I know that glosses over a lot of turgid play, but that is what he's on the pitch to do. It sounds like he should've converted an easier chance in the second half before his goal.

Anyway, with City requiring an injury-time winner, Man U having only just gone 1-0 against Yeovil, Chelsea drawing to Watford and QPR being dumped out, I'll take a 1-0 win against Blackpool.

FWIW, it sounds like Jack was quite ineffective, but Cole seems to be in-line for a start against Leicester. Special mention to Given for producing the save when it was needed too.

• Like 3

Hey guys, it may come as a bit of a surprise that I am not the biggest fan of Lambert but today we won in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a lower league side which often turns out to be an upset (see QPR).

The time to praise or criticise Lambert should be linked to our performances/results in the Premier League as this is where opinions can often be backed up by facts.

No .
  • Like 4

Go read the quotes from the BBC website and you'll see they agree with the people you blocked. Oh wait, you can't read this.

#headinthesand

You weren't one of them, but thanks for bringing yourself to my attention. I'm sure all the sensible, intelligent and non-reactionary members of Twitter agree with you also.

#cantseethewoodforthetrees

• Like 1

Terrible game. Played the same way as the last game, it didn't work then and it didn't work today. Loads of Lambert out chants now. Something nice needs to change big time. Making loads of passes and having high possession with no end product just isn't working.

• Like 1

Hey guys, it may come as a bit of a surprise that I am not the biggest fan of Lambert but today we won in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against a lower league side which often turns out to be an upset (see QPR).

No .

Fair enough but sometimes it is just nice to know when you have a strong case and when you don't.

Â