Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

What's our lowest ever attendance? I'd say this game could set a new record.

about 12k i think

I'm sure i remember playing SHA at villa park in the late 80's early 90's in the simod cup and there being about 7k there , think it finished 6-0

Edited by mattyvilla

Not worth risking those who are important to us so Hutton and cissokho can sit this one out along with Sanchez and benteke, okore would have been rested too but we only have him and Clark as fit CBs.

-----------guzan---------

Lowton okore Clark Richardson

---grealish herd cleverley---

Gabby -----weimann----robinson

I think it's 2,900 v Bradford in 1915 and post war I think Bolton 8,348 1964. It's not going to be near the last time we played Blackpool at home in 1938-69,000!

We played Blackpool at home in 2010, a 3-2 with a 34,200 crowd. Even delfounso scored that night...

Not bothering with going personally. After yesterday and even with cheap tickets I do not want to see a laboured win on a cold afternoon in a soulless ground. Note I did not even specify who I thought would get that win! Tom Fox really has got his priorities arse about face. It's what happen on the pitch Tom....Durhhh!!!!

about 12k i think

I'll guess 15k.

about 12k i think

I'm sure i remember playing SHA at villa park in the late 80's early 90's in the simod cup and there being about 7k there , think it finished 6-0

Yes we have probably had friendlies and simod cup games with very low attendances. In the dark days of the mid 80s we had league crowds lower than 14k on a regular basis so people who think below 30k is small, its not really. 

In fact looking at this we averaged 15k in the 85/86 season 

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-1985-1986/1/

Edited by PaulC

Our ticket office department has took a bit of a battering on twitter tonight after avfc twitter account said anyone who wanted tickets to see the game should arrive early to ensure they get tickets.

• Like 1

Our ticket office department has took a bit of a battering on twitter tonight after avfc twitter account said anyone who wanted tickets to see the game should arrive early to ensure they get tickets.

The online ticket office has been down all day , really not helping matters

I think it's 2,900 v Bradford in 1915 and post war I think Bolton 8,348 1964. It's not going to be near the last time we played Blackpool at home in 1938-69,000!

We played Blackpool at home in 2010, a 3-2 with a 34,200 crowd. Even delfounso scored that night...

Sorry I meant in the FA Cup.

The online ticket office has been down all day , really not helping matters

It was working for me. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I guess the problem on Sunday will be very few of the tickets will have been delivered, so there'll be queues for the collection points, even with a small crowd. I guess it's also pretty likely that half of the collection points will be closed, because it's a small crowd, so I guess it's possible that not a lot of people could queue for quite a long time. That's all just speculation on my part though.

-----------------------------guzan----------------------------

Hutton---------Okore--------------Clark--------------ally

--------------------------Sanchez-----------------------------

---------------grealish------------Cleverley----------------

---Bacuna--------------------------------------------Gabby

--------------------------Benteke----------------------------

6-0 villa

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-lambert-promises-strong-fa-8375814

Paul Lambert promises a strong FA Cup line up against Blackpool because his Aston Villa squad is not strong enough for changes
Lambert knows Seasiders assistant manager and former Villa midfielder Alan Thompson well from their Celtic days

Tomorrow’s (Sunday) FA Cup clash against Blackpool will give Aston Villa a welcome break from Premier League action.

They do not have the luxury of being able to rest players, though, and it’s unlikely that Villa make wholesale changes.

Teenager Jack Grealish might be given a run-out from the start but Villa are expected to be at full strength, injuries permitting, elsewhere.

Fabian Delph is still suspended while Ron Vlaar, Nathan Baker, Philippe Senderos, Ashley Westwood and Libor Kozak are also sidelined.

Lambert said: “We will go as strong as we can to get through.

“It’s a good opportunity for us to progress.

“I don’t really have a big enough squad to change things.

“Ron and Fabian will still be out so the squad isn’t the biggest at the moment.”Blackpool-boss-Lee-Clark-and-assistant-A

Former Blues boss Lee Clark will return to Birmingham for the first time since getting the boot at Villa’s arch rivals.

Lambert reckons the Championship’s basement boys will come arrive with nothing to lose and he’s determined to avoid defeat to yet another lower-league opposition.

We have to be wary, it is nothing to lose, it’s a cup game and will be a breather from the league,” he said.

“It’s a tough game.

“I’ve spoken to Lee a few times and I know Alan Thompson (first team coach) who was a good friend at Celtic.”

I agree we should put out a strong team tomorrow but not sure about the 'wariness' and negativity and I'm hoping this is only for the press's benefit and Lambert is getting the players fired up for it.

My guess on the starting XI

...............Guzan

Hutton.Okore.Clark.Cissokho

.............Sanchez

......Bacuna.....Cleverley

..............Grealish

.......Benteke.Gabby

Subs: Given, Herd, Lowton, Cole, N'Zogbia, Weimann and Robinson (if recovered from flu)

Nervy opening 20 minutes when Blackpool go gung-ho on us and we'll eventually score and pass the game out, 2-0.